2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

20 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I didn't miss the point, I am critiquing your methodology.

You did miss the point, I'm not comparing the production of 1st Round HBs to Undrafted ones. I was citing an example of how frequently productive backs are found outside the 1st Round period, and chose the extreme example of Lindsay and Barkley because of the incredible value of the 2nd Overall Pick.

It isn't my methodology either. It's one of the most commonly discussed draft strategies ever(picking/not picking a HB high). And the majority of the time player to player comparisons are used. 

22 minutes ago, drd23 said:

The different surface and different footwear alone mean that they can't be used as a direct comparison imo

None of this is to say that Metcalf's agility times weren't poor, just that trying to compare him and Brady athletically adds nothing

I don't think anyone takes it too seriously. Everyone just loves those stark contrast simulcams. 

16 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I know a couple of you are big fans of Holyfield, but this particular bit of maths and history isn't on his side.  Basically no RB at his size and timed speed at the combine has put up even 700 yards in a season in the 15 years between 1999 & 2014

Yea, he tested horribly. I expect him to raise all his numbers at his Pro Day to draftable levels, and then he'll be picked pretty late. From there he'll either buck the trends or he won't. He's certainly athletic on tape, and some guys are just better in pads. 

20 hours ago, DreamKid said:

You did miss the point, I'm not comparing the production of 1st Round HBs to Undrafted ones. I was citing an example of how frequently productive backs are found outside the 1st Round period, and chose the extreme example of Lindsay and Barkley because of the incredible value of the 2nd Overall Pick.

It isn't my methodology either. It's one of the most commonly discussed draft strategies ever(picking/not picking a HB high). And the majority of the time player to player comparisons are used. 

Fair enough. I agree that in the past RBs were taken WAY too high. Then it became fashionable to say NEVER take a RB high. NFL teams began really following this mantra after the Trent Richardson debacle.

But I think any time there is a popular idea, it is possible to take it too far. In the 2013 and 2014 drafts, there were zero RBs taken in the first. 

But in 2015, Gurley and Melvin Gordon were picked. In 2016, it was Ezekiel Elliot. In 2017, it was Fournette and McCaffrey. 

So it seems the GMs around the league have gotten pretty good at getting good value from RBs picked in the 1st round lately. If the Ravens FO has a RB valued very high and he is available when they are picking, I wouldn't be disappointed if they take him. I think the pendulum has swung back around the other way, where you can get good value with a RB in the 1st round.  

idk if I just got lucky or something weird is happening with the TDN mock draft machine but I just got this...

mock.png

Dwayne Haskins also lasted until one of the Pats comp picks at the end of the 3rd round o.O

And fwiw this is what the rest of the mock looked like:

mock.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danand said:

Watched 4 minutes and I can't see Boykin as someone interesting enough to go for.

Gotnto 2:30 and got bored. Very athletic, but let’s defenders get into his body.

If he sits for a year and has that coached out of him, he would be an an absolute stud on the field.

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

idk if I just got lucky or something weird is happening with the TDN mock draft machine but I just got this...

mock.png

Dwayne Haskins also lasted until one of the Pats comp picks at the end of the 3rd round o.O

And fwiw this is what the rest of the mock looked like:

Hide contents

mock.png

Looks similar to my upcoming mock... just a less realistic version.

Edited by diamondbull424

I watched the Georgia and Clemson game on Josh Jacobs yesterday. He is good, versatile, can run zone, power, pass block and catch passes, but he is still not a talent I am sold on at #22. Every time his oline lost, he was stopped just like every other runningback, and I didn't see top end explosiveness or elusiveness or jump cut ability to make defenders miss in the hole like a Saquon Barkley. Ofc he doesn't have to be Saquon Barkley, but I believe we have other pressing needs and the players in this draft are so mushed together that it is difficult to see Josh Jacobs as BPA

• Like 1

Yup, this is basically how I want it in the draft. Beefed up OC and IDL, got a late round pass rusher (who I am pretty high on), added speed on the outside at WR, got an extra DB with scheme versatility as both cornerback and safety and two runningbacks who can both run inside and catch the football.

228a81b42306ca8a0421c63994a6051461_Ravens.pngGarrett Bradbury