2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

23 hours ago, Danand said:

Can't remember who it was in here, but I am really getting on the Sheldrick Redwine bandwagon. I think he can be a Kenny Young type of pick - a player we select much earlier than expected.

I think he has legit starting potential as a dime, and that he is that allround player like we have in Levine who will also excel on special teams. With Canady in a contract year, I could see Redwine make perfect sense.

Big Miami fan here, he just's just a ball player. He'll never be elite, but I think he can be a solid plug and play player at multiple positions.

5 hours ago, Danand said:

Blake Cashman

He seems to be getting a lot of (undue imo) hype, with people comparing him to LVE.  If there are NFL teams that feel the same way about him I don't see how he makes it out of the 2nd round

Most interesting comments from the presser imo:

- "If there's a great player at 22, we'll pick him". EDC stated it's about weighing that player at Pick #22 vs the players to be gained by trading down. Pretty routine commentary as far as the draft goes, but zooming out I think there's very few players that would cause them to actually pass up a trade down. Tremaine Edmunds and Derwin James didn't stop them from trading down last year and it's hard to imagine a talent being able to do it this year.

- When asked about receivers Eric mentioned Return Skills boosting a player's stock, that Playmakers come in all shapes and sizes, emphasized wanting receivers that Make Plays, and once more doubling down on playmaking he said he's willing to overlook a pass catcher dropping 3 or 4 passes if they can catch 6 or 7 touchdowns(Which is something I agree with, and has been a recent change to how I look at WR prospects). 

- "Fast" and "Playmaker" were hammered throughout the presser. 

- Something interesting was them mentioning how they value players that have overcome struggles/tragedy. Which I guess could range from coming up through the JUCO route all the way to losing a loved one.

Gotta love all the "Ace Reporters" asking the same questions they ask every year too. At all the pre draft events so far no one has asked about Jeffrey Simmons being or not being on the Ravens board. He's a top 5 player in the class that meets one of our biggest team needs. Yet no mention of him. Which is weird, because they certainly found time for Joe Mixon questions 2 years ago too. 

41 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

WTF is "route intensity" and what is that image supposed to represent?

I'm normally all for using analytics to try to help identify potential players to draft but that makes even me question what the point is

3 minutes ago, drd23 said:

WTF is "route intensity" and what is that image supposed to represent?

I'm normally all for using analytics to try to help identify potential players to draft but that makes even me question what the point is

lol I was unfamiliar with it as well. I'm assuming it's analyzing the degree to which a route brought DK to an area/depth of the field. And APA is trying to show that he wasn't used exclusively on GOs. Which people who have watched him already know. If they tracked all of his routes it might have been easier to just apply percentages, but I guess they wanted the visual .

8 hours ago, drd23 said:

He seems to be getting a lot of (undue imo) hype, with people comparing him to LVE.  If there are NFL teams that feel the same way about him I don't see how he makes it out of the 2nd round

I don't know if I see that kind of talent in his game compared to some of the other talents who could be there in the second round, but it might also be my opinion of our "need" at linebacker that factor in. I think the lack of talent at that position could push him up the board.

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I think my overwhelming preference at this point would be to trade back to around pick 30-40 and use our first three picks on some order of wr/interior o-line/edge 

A potential trade with Jacksonville where we would send #22 for #38 and #69 would be nice.

• Like 1