2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I, for one, would be very sad if Gus Edwards was marginalized because the team drafts a top running-back prospect on top of signing Ingram. He's not elite but the dude was just plain productive for the Ravens this past year when the opportunity arose. Consistently getting those tough yards counts for something. Doesn't it?

Le sigh... There isn't a Lamar Jackson fall-back option to boost spirits after taking a Hayden Hurst situation this year. Not without a second round pick. Yup, this is where I'm planting my flag this season. No running backs drafted in the top 100. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424 @Danand A lot of your favorites on the underrated list.

I definitely like what I see from McLauren. Definitely like him better than Campbell. I think he’d be the kind of player Harbaugh would love to get on the field. Harbaugh usually plays favorites, but McLaurin’s special teams ability, propensity to block, and deep threat skillset would make a lot of sense. Add in solid hands and he just needs to clean up his feet and he could really do damage at the next level.

He’d pair perfectly with a double dip of he and JJ AW at some point earlier in the draft. Throw in Ryqell Armstead, Jefferey Simmons, and Sheldrick Redwine and that’s the perfect haul.

• Like 1

I don't know if I/we are too far into the draft with regard to the knowledge of talents/draft prospects pros & cons, but most of those underrated guys isn't really underrated imo. Hjalte Froholdt might be the most obvious one, but it is also because most media pundits still haven't figured out, that he has played oline for only 3 years. After his first year as a guard, he was one of the team leaders and is in general described as a guy who wins because he has good mobility and a good head on his shoulders. He is far from a finished product.

McLaurin could be a Patriots 1. round pick. While you want more than a #3-4 wr and a core special teamer out of your 1. round pick, McLaurin offers that floor, while a Metcalf who never figures the nuances to the position is a bust and out of the league and has little use.

The Lamont Gaillard is a well known prospects on danish boards, mostly because he is such a dominant physical force. But again, in the current GM mock I am in on a danish board, oline and dline are coming off the board fast - we don't care much for skill position players.

Just completed my annual GM mock for the Ravens (also had the pleasure of destroying the Steelers and Bengals draft in the process)

Wound up with this group:

1. round: Cody Ford, OL

3. round: Emmanuel Hall, WR

3. round: Ben Banogu, Edge

4. round: Sheldrick Redwine, DB

5. round: Darwin Thompson, RB

5. round: Jalen Jelks, Edge

5. round: Derrick Baity, CB

6. round: Kendall Joseph, ILB

6. round: Greg Dortch, R/WR

Some idiot Steelers GM chose Jeffery Simmons right before the Ravens picked – had Simmons been there, he would have been picked.

Obviously I am pretty happy with Ford. I believe he can be that physical presence on the interior oline that can help us dominate the running game, but also be an athletic option on pulls. He could also slide to tackle, if that is needed, although that is not the intention.

Emmanuel Hall has his own concerns with hands and a somewhat limited set of routes in college. He came up big against tough competition, has the ability to separate quick off the line of scrimmage and  I believe he can be a starter early simply due to his traits, where he atleast can work as a decoy and a WR that creates room for the rest of our receivers.

Banogu will be a rotational guy – and while I much prefer his teammate in L.J. Collier, Banogu offers an athletic skillset and a high motor. In a scheme that relies on confusion, Banogu fits well in that regard.

Sheldrick Redwine I think we have talked about plenty. Solid all around DB – my biggest hope is, that we can teach him to read plays better and then make him play faster. If we learn him that, I think we get a steal in the 4th round.

Darwin Thompson is a supplemental pick – he doesn’t have the same burst as Tarik Cohen or is as athletic as Darren Sproles, but his ability to churn out 4-7 yards off screens and dump offs will be efficient with Lamar Jackson at QB.

Jalen Jelks is a pure upside pick, that would most likely have to redshirt.

Derrick Baity is thought of as a guy who can replace Canady next season.

Kendall Joseph is depth at linebacker.

Dortch is competition at returner

• Like 1

Wide Receiver Rankings (4/8/19)

4.25 Stars: Pro Bowl Potential 

JJ Arcega Whiteside- Jordy Nelson

Andy Isabella- Brandin Cooks

4 Stars: Fringe Pro Bowl Potential

Terry McLaurin- Joey Galloway

David Sills- Michael Thomas

Marquis Brown- DeSean Jackson

AJ Brown- David Boston

3.75 Stars: Fringe Pro Bowl/Bust Potential

DK Metcalf- Andre Johnson-lite 

3.5 Stars: Impact Starter

Stanley Morgan- Juju Smith-Schuster

Emanuel Hall- Stefon Diggs

Terry Godwin- Doug Bouldwin

3 Stars: Quality Starter

Deebo Samuel- Nelson Aghalor

N’Keal Harry- Hakeem Nicks

Kelvin Harmon- Mohamed Sanu

Riley Ridley- Steve Smith (Giants)

2.5 Stars: Quality Starter/Bust

Paris Campbell- Ted Ginn Jr.

Miles Boykin- Marvin Jones Jr.

Mecole Hardman- Marquise Goodwin

2.25 Stars: Fringe Starter/Solid Depth

Hakeem Butler- Ramses Barden

DeMarcus Lodge- Rashad Higgins

Gary Jennings- Chris Conley

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

I really wanted to like Hakeem Butler because we share the same hometown city, but his feet were just so slow and lumbering. I thought his teammate Allen Lazard was a better more athletic option with better hands last season. Not sure why Butler is so well regarded yet Lazard, especially when compared to his former teammate.

15 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Wide Receiver Rankings (4/8/19)

4.25 Stars: Pro Bowl Potential 

JJ Arcega Whiteside- Jordy Nelson

Marquis Brown- DeSean Jackson

AJ Brown- David Boston

4 Stars: Pro Bowl Potential/Bust Potential

Terry McLaurin- Joey Galloway

DK Metcalf- Andre Johnson-lite 

3.5 Stars: Impact Starter

Paris Campbell- 

Emanuel Hall- John Brown