2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Maybe we will draft DK Metcalf. We picked last year's Combine standout at WR.

I know you’re half joking and I know DK isn’t the prototypical Ravens pick and I know he will probably be drafted before we get a shot, but I’m turning back around on him. I’ve now looked at about 5-6 games from both 2017 and 2018 both vs just 2-3 from 2018 and his LSU tape is an aberration. He’s looked better than I gave him credit for.

JJ is still clearly number one as his release is just a thing of beauty, but Metcalf and Isabella round out my top 3. Especially now that I’m starting to consider college dominator and breakout age into my rankings. All three check all the pertinent boxes.

If DK passes our teams medical, I’d feel confident that he’s going to be a boom pick unless he busts due to injuries.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

JJ is still clearly number one as his release is just a thing of beauty, but Metcalf and Isabella round out my top 3. Especially now that I’m starting to consider college dominator and breakout age into my rankings. All three check all the pertinent boxes.

If DK passes our teams medical, I’d feel confident that he’s going to be a boom pick unless he busts due to injuries.

That 40 was huge for JJ. Height Adjusted Speed Score puts him above the 80th percentile I believe. Of all the contested catch guys he creates the most downfield and catch point separation, yet receives the least hype.

I'm not against picking DK. I think we do need a receiver, so standing against drafting one with incredible potential would be irrational. I would like to have seen more production out of him, and seeing him used across the formation instead of planted on the left side would've been nice too. The injuries are concerning as well. He's certainly talented though. My main note on him is I don't think the FO is high on him. When you listen to Joe Hortiz talk about him on the lounge podcast, you aren't listening to someone describe a 1st Round Draft pick they can't wait to make. In a forum with little spotlight DK's abilities were downplayed. Yet, at the "Liar's Luncheon", DK was talked up and comp names like Demaryius Thomas & TO were dropped. That smells like smoke to me. And the last time the Ravens invested highly in a H/W/S freak with injury issues, it didn't work out. Like I said though, I'm not gonna rage if we pick him. The kid is a monster. 

Isabella is such a safe bet. Him running around the same offense with Lamar Jackson would give DC's nightmares.  

• Like 2

Dane Brugler from the Athletic gave us Parris Campbell in the Locked on NFL podcast mock and referred to the ability to use presnap movement and being a versatile option as a returner, and used in the screen game, crossing routes and on deep routes. If anything, I can follow picking that type of a receiver early rather than going with the N'keal Harry, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Butler, etc.

If we get a player who can work as a special teamer and get the ball in his hands on screens and jet sweeps, we are less likely to get a receiver who we can't use, and at best we get a Cordarelle Patterson/Percy Harvin type of player.

Getting antsy. Players by position I'd be fine with them realistically taking in the first round from most to least desired:

OL

Jonah Williams

Garrett Bradbury

Chris Lindstrom

Dalton Risner

Erik McCoy

RB

Josh Jacobs

WR

Hollywood Brown

AJ Brown

DK Metcalf

JJ Arcega-Whiteside

DL

Jeffrey Simmons

Jerry Tillery

Dexter Lawrence

EDGE

Brian Burns

Clelin Ferrell

Chase Winovich

Rashan Gary

LB

Devin Bush

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 2

Just finished the annual mock draft on an Australian website.  This is what I got for the Ravens:

Pick 22: Jeffrey Simmons, DI, Miss St
Pick 86: Andy Isabella, WR, UMass (both Kelvin Harmon and JJAW went in the 10 picks before this one :( )
Pick 103: Nate Davis, IOL, Charlotte 
Pick 113: Justin Hollins, EDGE, Oregon (was hoping to take Ben Banogu here, but was taken 5 picks before mine)
Pick 123: Bobby Okereke, ILB, Stanford (would've taken Darrell Henderson had he not been taken the pick before) 
Pick 160: Stanley Morgan, WR, Nebraska

• Like 2