2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

20 hours ago, Danand said:

Yup, this is basically how I want it in the draft. Beefed up OC and IDL, got a late round pass rusher (who I am pretty high on), added speed on the outside at WR, got an extra DB with scheme versatility as both cornerback and safety and two runningbacks who can both run inside and catch the football.

You don't see the Ravens drafting a mobile QB to backup Lamar? Even if they re-resign RGIII I think they will draft someone in the later rounds. 

On 3/5/2019 at 9:28 PM, DreamKid said:

Browns fans are all excited thinking they might be getting OBJ. 

Us not picking Jeffrey Simmons because of a one off emotional reaction as teenager, and then competing against an offensive core of Baker Mayfield-Kareem Hunt-OBJ-Jarvis Landry-Antonio Callaway. Would unfortunately really put misguided morality plays into the proper light for this club.

I will LMFAO in disappointment if the the FO is worried about some silly 2 day mild twitter cycle about how "Theay weint beck on thare wourd" affecting the club- All while other teams in the division stockpile actual headcases and no one cares.

OBJ trade went through, and I'm doubling down on the above.

Draft Jeffrey Simmons and have him crack Baker's skull open twice a year. 

• Like 1

Ingram and Thomas officially take Nasir Adderley and Josh Jacobs out of 1st Round discussions.

So, if the team is truly happy with our IOL. Then that leaves our biggest needs at WR and DI(specifically one with pass rush ability/upside). Jeffrey Simmons, a Top 5 talent, will shockingly enough be there. A perfect fit and the exact type of player we need. The team might not pick him because of that stupid video though, so after him you look at WR. And no options jump out as likely picks. Again leaving us with a trade down as the organization's desired course of action.

Maybe a BPA EDGE player falls and we take a look, but I doubt it. I think all the upper echelon guys will go in the Top 20, and the team could've retained ZDS if they really felt uncomfortable with Judon/Bowser/Williams. It's probably too soon to consider another high end CB too, as Smith and Carr are still in house. 

Predicting the pick is going to be really tough this year.

41 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Ingram and Thomas officially take Nasir Adderley and Josh Jacobs out of 1st Round discussions.

So, if the team is truly happy with our IOL. Then that leaves our biggest needs at WR and DI(specifically one with pass rush ability/upside). Jeffrey Simmons, a Top 5 talent, will shockingly enough be there. A perfect fit and the exact type of player we need. The team might not pick him because of that stupid video though, so after him you look at WR. And no options jump out as likely picks. Again leaving us with a trade down as the organization's desired course of action.

Maybe a BPA EDGE player falls and we take a look, but I doubt it. I think all the upper echelon guys will go in the Top 20, and the team could've retained ZDS if they really felt uncomfortable with Judon/Bowser/Williams. It's probably too soon to consider another high end CB too, as Smith and Carr are still in house. 

Predicting the pick is going to be really tough this year.

This is pretty much where I'm at. If Devin Bush were to somehow fall I can see them taking him too. 

I don't think a receiver will be BPA in the first. There should be good options left there in the third. The value in the first round is with the defensive linemen. 

(Josh) Allen, Bosa, Burns, Ferrell, Gary, and Sweat.

Williams, Wilkins, Tillery, Simmons, Oliver, and (Zach) Allen. 

Edited by BareYourTeeth
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

i'd not be opposed to a CB at #22 if that guy was BPA.

Smith and Carr will be gone after next season, should keep that secondary at elite level.

Humphrey, Carr, Smith, Young, Averett, Canady - Locks, unless a move is made involving Jimmy.

Then you factor in bubble players like Cyrus Jones and Jaylen Hill. 

An early Round draft pick on top of them doesn't make sense right now. Too many bodies. 

There are NO, like absolutely NO chance a cornerback in this years draft can be BPA within the first two rounds, I seriously doubt that. After the senior bowl where I saw a lot of things I didn't like, I went back and watched film and I would be most comfortable with a Rock Ya-Sin at cornerback, but I don't see his ceiling being worth a 1 round pick, and if we had a 2. round pick I would be I would have many more talents ahead of him.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Humphrey, Carr, Smith, Young, Averett, Canady - Locks, unless a move is made involving Jimmy.

Then you factor in bubble players like Cyrus Jones and Jaylen Hill. 

An early Round draft pick on top of them doesn't make sense right now. Too many bodies. 

as said, i had 2020 in mind when Carr/Smith are most definitely gone.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

There are NO, like absolutely NO chance a cornerback in this years draft can be BPA within the first two rounds, I seriously doubt that.

well, Humphrey was not considered a top choice at CB when drafted in this very forum and turned out being arguably the best of that year so... you never know.

so many things to consider in how prospects develop. you not only draft them for what they are come draft time but what they are going to be under your coaching i'd think.