2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

3 hours ago, Danand said:

Anyone think either Sutton Smith or Nate Harvey could be converted to inside linebackers?

I haven't watched Harvey yet. I've enjoyed watching Smith for a couple years now though. He's got some real ability as a rusher, but obviously his size hurts him. As seen at the Senior Bowl. Those conversions are rough. I think the recent standard for the switch has been Jamie Collins. Jamie is a freaky athlete though, and it isn't hard to see it not going as smoothly for Smith.

I'm seeing this a lot about Jachai Polite. Seems like he might have just had a wacky week of interviews, bad time to do it, but it looks like it could be an outlier as far as his character goes. He was Top 15-20 lock before the combine, but now he should be there when we pick. I've heard he might be the best pure rusher in the class. Apparently he's also somewhat raw, which isn't very damning for us because he won't be playing as a Rookie anyway. So I'm going to take a look at the EDGE guys now and really focus on him. Out of all the 1st Round Tier guys, Bosa, Sweat, Allen, Ferrell, Burns, Polite, and Gary. Polite is the only one I'm convinced will be there for our pick. Gary I think should be, but so many analysts appear much higher on him than I am.

Dexter Lawrence intrigued me more than I thought he would. Freak/Elite Athlete(9.83RAS). 12% Career Pressure Rate. He's in rare territory and has some crazy potential.

Dexter Lawrence-  Height: 6ft 4 1/2   Weight: 342  Arms: 34 3/4  Hands: 10 1/2  40: 5.05  10: 1.76  Bench Press: 36 Reps   Draft Age: 21.5

Haloti Ngata-         Height: 6ft 4       Weight: 338  Arms: 33    Hands: 9 9/10  40: 5.13  10: 1.73  Bench Press: 37 Reps    Draft Age: 22.3

Dexter Lawrence is still somehow undervalued in the draft, because several has labelled him as a run stuffing NT. Imo he should be viewed as a big DT, who can do both. Very young still and insanely powerful. Not a player we should pursue imo with both Williams and Pierce, but still belong somewhere in the 1. round early second. 

Jachai Polite, I hope they do a thorough interview with him, if he is on their radar, because what I heard from the combine, that was a real issue. I have played with those types of players, and they never change. Being immature is one thing and something that can lead to bad decisions, while not being able to comprehend criticism and work with it can be viewed as a personality flaw. 

Also, Polite and Burns are in the mold of players teams like the Falcons usually chose in the draft. They look great on paper, and they flash when they make a quick sack - but they are also players who end up in the "soft" category and doesn't affect the game the same way in december and january.

9 hours ago, Danand said:

Not a player we should pursue imo with both Williams and Pierce, but still belong somewhere in the 1. round early second. 

Yea we're more in the market for a dominant pass rush presence, like a Simmons or Tillery. If someone planted a young Ngata on our line though, I don't think anyone would complain. Lawrence isn't Ngata, but I think he has the potential to be the closest out of all the recent comps to him we've seen.

9 hours ago, Danand said:

but they are also players who end up in the "soft" category and doesn't affect the game the same way in december and january.

We'll probably bring in a couple edge guys from the draft, and it really sucks we won't have Suggs in that player room to show them how a Raven plays. With the loss of a guy like him the team could emphasize bringing in some "hard"/Red Star players. 

Hey guys!

Doing a mock draft where every forum picks their guy. You guys are on the clock!

So far we have:

1) Kyler Murray

2) Nick Bosa

3) Josh Allen

4) Quinnen Williams

5) Devin White

6) Dwayne Haskins

7) Jawaan Taylor

8) Ed Oliver

9) TJ Hockenson

10) Devin Bush

11) Cody Ford

12) Brian Burns

13) Rashan Gary

14) Montez Sweat

15) Deandre Baker

16) Clelin Ferrell

17) Andre Dilliard

18) Jonah Williams

19) Christian Wilkins

20) Byron Murphy (still pending)

21) (pending)

I’ll make @DreamKid your designated pick maker OR when two posters reach the same name, the pick will be official. Thanks!

Last two picks are still pending cause their forums are taking forever and trying to get this done fast. If their pick interferes with yours I will let you know. 

There's a few options. Garrett Bradbury, DK Metcalf, and maybe Josh Jacobs if the signing of Ingram hasn't completely ruled out an early pick at RB. Noah Fant would be interesting if TE wasn't pretty much set for the next three years. I don't think JJAW is a first round pick at this point. Simmons probably would have been the vote winner if he didn't just go to Seattle. Nasir Adderly is really, really enticing even though the team just signed Thomas. Don't think there's a spot for him now.

My vote goes for... Bradbury. Need to invest in the interior offensive line and I don't think Metcalf can succeed with the lateral agility of a tree. 

• Like 1