2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I think you're flat out wrong here, or just reading too much into it. Guys from college get molded and polished in the NFL. The guy has tremendous upside. 

It's not really solely Dan's opinion. It's harder to find an analyst that isn't concerned with Harry's lack of separation against college DBs. His test speed doesn't really show up on film, and his production is inflated significantly. 10.1 Average Target Depth, 9.5 Yards Per Target. There are a lot of red flags. He's a poor mans DJ Moore with significantly less upside.

Lamar doesn't like throwing to WRs in super tight/50-50 windows. He's good at going through his progressions, but averse to giving WRs "chances". Lamar has efficiency built into his game through this process. As, most QBs after going through their progressions, don't then have the option to take off for a first down. Lamar does, and rather than toss up a prayer. He'll often scramble for positive yardage.

Harry's whole game is built on 50/50 opportunity and a lot of screen touches. It's not a good fit for Lamar, and N'Keal isn't good enough in either area to force a fit. In our offense, we're trying to push safeties back and open everything up for Lamar, our running game, and our Tight Ends. Harry doesn't have the speed to help us accomplish that, or the separation ability to make Lamar look his way frequently enough.

I'd steer clear.

22 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Quite easily the best WR in this class IMO. Honestly I would take him 1.22 and not look back.

... though hopefully we can somehow land both Simmons and JJAWs. If we do that, I don’t care what the rest of the draft looks like.

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be so lucky. Got a bad feeling.

As of now my guess is we make a pick in the 1st, and by the time it gets to our 2nd pick. This is what the WR board will look like-

DK Metcalf: 1st Round

Hakeem Butler: 1st Round

Marquise Brown: 1st Round - Early 2nd Round

JJ Arcega-Whitside: Late 1st Round - Mid 2nd Round

N'Keal Harry: Early 2nd Round

AJ Brown: 2nd Round

Parris Campbell: 2nd Round

Andy Isabella: 2nd Round - Early 3rd Round

Emmanuel Hall: Late 2nd - Early 3rd

Deebo Samuel : Early 3rd

Leaving very few "name" talents at the position left when we pick. Harmon and Ridley would be the most notable guys hanging around.

24 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be so lucky. Got a bad feeling.

As of now my guess is we make a pick in the 1st, and by the time it gets to our 2nd pick. This is what the WR board will look like-

DK Metcalf: 1st Round

Hakeem Butler: 1st Round

Marquise Brown: 1st Round - Early 2nd Round

JJ Arcega-Whitside: Late 1st Round - Mid 2nd Round

N'Keal Harry: Early 2nd Round

AJ Brown: 2nd Round

Parris Campbell: 2nd Round

Andy Isabella: 2nd Round - Early 3rd Round

Emmanuel Hall: Late 2nd - Early 3rd

Deebo Samuel : Early 3rd

Leaving very few "name" talents at the position left when we pick. Harmon and Ridley would be the most notable guys hanging around.

Perhaps. JJ just seems to always be the forgotten man though. So I definitely think if he continues to be underrated then it could happen.

But you’re probably right. FWIW, if Simmons and JJ were both available with JJ looked at as a round 1 prospect... it would be a difficult decision but I probably take JJ... only because I think he’s can’t miss, high character, and the absolute perfect fit for Lamar Jackson’s style of QBing. Plus I would feel worse if JJ went to another team and lit it up then I would if Simmons were to do so.

But I’m sure when I throw on a JS tape, I’ll change my mind again.

If we add Kelvin Harmon to the list of receivers most likely taken, this leaves the following which I could see us having an interest in:

Mecole Hardman

Hunter Renfrow

DaMarkus Lodge

Anthony Johnson

Terry Goodwin

Penny Hart

Terry McLaurin

Preston Williams

Darius Slayton

Stanley Morgan

Especially McLaurin would I like us to take a good long hard look at. He would be an immediate special teams contributor and he is already a versatile option in the passing game. Hunter Renfrow would be an amazing addition, and I don't care he is too small, his hands are tiny, he is too white, too unathletic, too picked by the Patriots in round 2 etc. He is just a productive player with great hands.