2018 CFB/2019 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Upshaw was a solid player in a position in our defense that shouldn't have been used as much as it was, and given the way the pass-heavy way the NFL is continuing to head, should be even less important now. 

Drafting a player very similar to him in the first 3 or 4 rounds seems like a waste of draft capital in 2019 to me.

My position is that if Williams and Bowser can be as impactful against the pass rush as a I believe than having a platoon player that can be a guy that can take advantage of tired legs with a tremendous power rush, than I’m all in. If Collier develops his hand usage more than he could provide something similar to what Suggs has provided in the pass couple years (as a pass rusher).

I’d compare Collier to Suggs or JJ only I don’t recall them as prospects. Upshaw wasn't considered a fringe 1st round talent and didn’t generate hype during the senior bowl (along with Melvin Ingram) because he wasn’t skilled.

What’s more, Upshaw seemed to slow down because he had weight/conditioning problems. If LJ Collier can be a better conditioned athlete and exist within a rotation (remember Pees wasn’t good at rotating rushers or diversifying their launch point) than I think Collier can provide an immediate impact within our depth deprived position.