Outlook on the NFC West so far

RamRod

Rams 2-0

49ers 1-1

Seahawks 0-2

Cardinals 0-2

Still only two games in but the NFC West looks like it could be an easy division. The Cardinals are one of the worst teams in the league. The Seahawks are struggling. Jury might still be out on the 49ers but they look like an 8 win team at best.

Hows everybody feel about it?

I'm pretty confident we go 5-1 in the division. We could go 6-0 but I'm pretty sure we will be resting our starters for the last game unless we are playing for the number 1 seed.

Arizona is no challenge, Seahawks are a shell of their former selves and the 9ers just look meh to me. Unless Wilson goes crazy on us or there is some fluke with the 9ers I feel really confident about us sweeping.

Edit: on a side note its kind of weird being in this place of confidence...for so long every time we had hope they let us down. Remember the 2010 year with Bradford as a rookie? How close we came to the playoffs only to lose on the last game of the season... So many bad seasons...

4 hours ago, Riftty said:

I'm pretty confident we go 5-1 in the division. We could go 6-0 but I'm pretty sure we will be resting our starters for the last game unless we are playing for the number 1 seed.

Arizona is no challenge, Seahawks are a shell of their former selves and the 9ers just look meh to me. Unless Wilson goes crazy on us or there is some fluke with the 9ers I feel really confident about us sweeping.

Edit: on a side note its kind of weird being in this place of confidence...for so long every time we had hope they let us down. Remember the 2010 year with Bradford as a rookie? How close we came to the playoffs only to lose on the last game of the season... So many bad seasons...

I dont feel weird at all. I am loving it. The Rams are a dominant team and we just have to get used to it. 

As for the outlook on the division, I thought the Rams would win the division easily and so far its looking that way. The Niners are at least a year away. The Seahawks are retooling. The Cards I thought would be better than many thought and maybe they still can be once Rosen gets his shot, but as of now the Cards are worst than maybe many thought. I was seeing 5 wins but this team look like a 3 win team. 

The division title is looking more and more inevitable with Garoppolo down. Sad to see. Don't wanna see him injured. Cards are a joke. Seahags would be lucky to finish 7-9 and should win to day with Dallas.

Thought SF was our biggest challenge and without Jimmy G it should be a cakewalk.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, BStanRamFan said:

The division title is looking more and more inevitable with Garoppolo down. Sad to see. Don't wanna see him injured. Cards are a joke. Seahags would be lucky to finish 7-9 and should win to day with Dallas.

Thought SF was our biggest challenge and without Jimmy G it should be a cakewalk.

On the plus side, this seems to make the gamble on resting guys in the preseason to ensure optimal health come December/January look like it will pay off more and more.  On the possible minus side to that plus side, lack of any sort of grind from our own division could leave the door open for complacency or lack of gritty-momentum (or even momentum if we wrap up a playoff berth early and opt to rest guys for the PO's) that tends to carry a lot of teams on deep playoff runs.  It'll be up to McBae and Wade to ensure the ladder doesn't happen.

13 hours ago, The LBC said:

On the plus side, this seems to make the gamble on resting guys in the preseason to ensure optimal health come December/January look like it will pay off more and more.  On the possible minus side to that plus side, lack of any sort of grind from our own division could leave the door open for complacency or lack of gritty-momentum (or even momentum if we wrap up a playoff berth early and opt to rest guys for the PO's) that tends to carry a lot of teams on deep playoff runs.  It'll be up to McBae and Wade to ensure the ladder doesn't happen.

I agree with that and we could still drop a game to Seattle (hopefully not Oct 7th in SEA cause I'm going to that), but I think our grit is going to have to come from out of the division and luckily we have some good games in that regard. This week with Minn, Philly, Packers, Saints, Chiefs, and Bears (defense). So we need to get up for those 5.5 games. I hope we drop one or two before the playoffs so we know defeat at some point.

Archived