2nd Best Cornerback in the League?

mdonnelly21

89 members have voted

1. 1. 2nd best Cornerback in the league?

• A.J Bouye
    • Desmond Trufant
    • Casey Hayward Jr
    • Xavier Rhodes
    • Patrick Peterson
    • Richard Sherman
    • Darius Slay Jr
    • Jimmy Smith
    • Aquib Talib
    • Chris Harris Jr
    • Marshon Lattimore
    • Marcus Peters
    • Other

I think a #1 CB poll would have been warranted. Don't think Ramsey would be the overwhelming pick (granted I do think he would be the pick so ultimately not that big a deal).

I'm going with PP. Consistency is key at the CB position, and this guy has been doing it at a high level for 7 years now. Unlike most on this list, save for Rhodes, PP follows around opposing #1s, which for me matters a lot. I don't knock CBs for not doing this, it's not like a Ramsey or a Peters don't follow #1 WRs because they can't or don't want to, it's inconvenient for scheming and forces everyone else to adjust their play if you're dealing with a #1 that hops all over the field... but I certainly give a huge boost to the select CBs who do it. PP takes on very tough responsibilities and handles it admirably. He's bigger, stronger and faster than most of the WRs he has to face and he knows it, which allows him to be a bit more aggressive and reckless than he may otherwise be. Definitely some question marks in recent years regarding his run defense, you can see the disinterest at times, but I'm hoping new coaching regime and direction for the franchise gives him motivation to be the complete CB he is capable of being. 

Probably Peterson.

But considering the way Byron Jones is playing, it's almost insane to think why he was ever put at safety. Talk about challenges he held ODJ to 4 catches on 9 targets and one of those catches came against our 2nd CB. He keeps playing this and he needs to be included in the discussion

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think a #1 CB poll would have been warranted. Don't think Ramsey would be the overwhelming pick (granted I do think he would be the pick so ultimately not that big a deal).

I'm going with PP. Consistency is key at the CB position, and this guy has been doing it at a high level for 7 years now. Unlike most on this list, save for Rhodes, PP follows around opposing #1s, which for me matters a lot. I don't knock CBs for not doing this, it's not like a Ramsey or a Peters don't follow #1 WRs because they can't or don't want to, it's inconvenient for scheming and forces everyone else to adjust their play if you're dealing with a #1 that hops all over the field... but I certainly give a huge boost to the select CBs who do it. PP takes on very tough responsibilities and handles it admirably. He's bigger, stronger and faster than most of the WRs he has to face and he knows it, which allows him to be a bit more aggressive and reckless than he may otherwise be. Definitely some question marks in recent years regarding his run defense, you can see the disinterest at times, but I'm hoping new coaching regime and direction for the franchise gives him motivation to be the complete CB he is capable of being. 

I did this and it was the overwhelming choice. 

Plus he was in the Top 15 players overall. I personally think he's overrated though. What Big Ben did to that defense in the playoffs last year, on top of what Odell just recently did eh. He's a very good CB but he's not in the 2012 Richard Sherman and DEF not in the 2009 Revis and 2007/2008 Nmandi conversation. 

Archived