J-Deere’s 2019 1st Rounder

Johnny Nix

I have seen a lot of drafts on here where Tampa goes QB. There is a small chance TB moves on from Winston in the offseason but I do not see it. I would be shocked if they end up parting ways. Also this QB class is not that strong. I would consider Winston a huge upgrade over every QB in this draft but I do think Grier will end up being the best from this class. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

I have seen a lot of drafts on here where Tampa goes QB. There is a small chance TB moves on from Winston in the offseason but I do not see it. I would be shocked if they end up parting ways. Also this QB class is not that strong. I would consider Winston a huge upgrade over every QB in this draft but I do think Grier will end up being the best from this class. 

Winston is eligible to play this week and he isn't. I think that says enough

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Winston is eligible to play this week and he isn't. I think that says enough

That's because the other guy is rollin right now. When he struggles. He will be replaced. 

While that's true, it still shows that Winston is a replaceable piece in their eyes. If he was their QB1 he would be playing this week if healthy, no question. 

13 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

While that's true, it still shows that Winston is a replaceable piece in their eyes. If he was their QB1 he would be playing this week if healthy, no question. 

That's true but there is no QB that will be a FA this offseason or in the 2019 draft that is better than Winston which is one of the reasons why I think they won't release him(unless he screws up again). Now, if there was going to be someone like an Andrew Luck-type prospect or a big name QB going to hit FA then I could see them thinking about it.    

On 9/24/2018 at 5:34 PM, LinderFournette said:

i would say WR isnt an early need for the jags.  we have Cole, Lee, Chark, and westbrook all returning and while they arent number 1wrs our scheme doesnt seem to place much emphasis on the position.  i would look at Edge as we have no good depth there along with NT and a taller style  3/5tech(that is our DL coaches prefrence). 

Yea free agency will be very telling for us. I'd be perfectly fine going with an edge

DT Rashan Gary has not really put it together yet. There's lots of potential there, but he's pretty rough on technique. It's possible, I suppose that he progresses into a top 10 pick, because there's a ways to go before the draft. But at this point I'm not seeing it. Imo, you have Gary too high and C. Wilkins too low. Additionally, they're  pretty happy with Da'Shawn Hand who they got in the 4th (or 5th?) round last year...who Rashan is similar to, from what I've seen.

For Matt Patricia the LB seems to be a bigger key for making an impact on his defense, particularly a MLB who can tackle and have decent pass cover skills. Jarrad Davis has been a misfired missile this year. He gets there fast, but hits nothing. I'm not saying they're giving up on him. But if there is a stud MLB (Is Devin White that kind of LB?) or perhaps an EDGE rusher worth a top 10 pick,  it may be a possibility. 

DT is an obvious need, but maybe not as vital to this defensive scheme. They need their DTs to clog lanes. & In this scheme, the DE has to contain the edge. (Pass rushing for either is a bonus.) Those types of DTs & DEs can be found later than the 1st round. Now, if CB Greedy Williams were to be available at their 1st pick, the Lions wouldn't be able to resist him. 

On 9/29/2018 at 7:22 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea free agency will be very telling for us. I'd be perfectly fine going with an edge

i dont see free agency being telling. i see the beginning of the new league year as to what the additional needs will be because i dont see us being hyper active in FA because we are gonna need to lock down Ramsey, jack, Ngakoue on those extensions and right now money is fairly tight.  an edge is likely on the list since fowler seems kinda unhappy with his role with us and i dont think he will stay. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jebrick said:

There is not a single QB in 2019 that any team should take in the 1st round.  Especially the Steelers.

Justin Herbert (and I expect) Steve Montez will be 1st rounders as well, and deservedly so. People always buy into the whole "the next QB class is going to be terrible" before the season starts and grip so hard onto that for as long as they can.

Archived