Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sorry but I don't see anything given up in compensation or the contract that makes me hesitant to trade for AB. Just a month ago we were talking about giving up a 2019 2nd and 2020 3rd for him. Now we are worried about giving up a 3rd and possibly a 4th this year next year for an elite player? Come on now. No problem if you think his attitude is an issue, but compensation is not a good excuse for not wanting him. 

Of course compensation is a good excuse for not wanting him. I'm in 757's and Johns boat on this one... I never wanted to trade that kind of draft capital for AB. And the talk about giving up all the draft capital you guys are for OBJ makes me cringe too. Would I mind having the players? of course not. I would have traded the 2 ones for Mack gladly, but a receiver? Not unless it was like Julio, AJ, Randy Moss or Jerry in their prime. OBJ is close, but he has some warts too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Of course compensation is a good excuse for not wanting him. I'm in 757's and Johns boat on this one... I never wanted to trade that kind of draft capital for AB. And the talk about giving up all the draft capital you guys are for OBJ makes me cringe too. Would I mind having the players? of course not. I would have traded the 2 ones for Mack gladly, but a receiver? Not unless it was like Julio, AJ, Randy Moss or Jerry in their prime. OBJ is close, but he has some warts too.

Just so I'm clear, let's ignore the improved deal he received and all that comes with it. You have an issue giving up a 3rd and 5th rounder for arguably THE best WR in the game? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah, I think we should have been in on this after seeing what they gave up. 

I'd be surprised if we weren't...though it's getting a little tiresome to "be in on" guys only to come up short. 

But that 2 for 6 swap really would have had to held sway with them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I mean, as much value as those two slots are given in general, sometimes for a particular trade, it's just not that valuable. Especially if they don't like Haskins or aren't overly concerned with him getting taken ahead of them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Yeah, I think we should have been in on this after seeing what they gave up. 

Forge basically said it, I just don't think the value was ever going to be there. Giants got to add a solid young SS, another first rounder and a third rounder..that's more valuable then trading up for one pick.

Still a terrible deal for the Giants though. Jesus. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd be surprised if we weren't...though it's getting a little tiresome to "be in on" guys only to come up short. 

But that 2 for 6 swap really would have had to held sway with them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I mean, as much value as those two slots are given in general, sometimes for a particular trade, it's just not that valuable. Especially if they don't like Haskins or aren't overly concerned with him getting taken ahead of them. 

I agree with what you are saying here, but I still think we could have put together a package of equal or greater value. A first round pick is still a first round pick. I would have tried to package next years first with additional picks if it were me, and maybe that's what Lynch tried to do and they insisted it had to be a first this year. Hard to say. 

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I agree with what you are saying here, but I still think we could have put together a package of equal or greater value. A first round pick is still a first round pick. I would have tried to package next years first with additional picks if it were me, and maybe that's what Lynch tried to do and they insisted it had to be a first this year. Hard to say. 

I agree. I've said in several place, my offer was 2 for 6 swap, next years first, plus this years third. If it required a little more, I would have been open that as well. But if that 2 for 6 swap isn't all that enticing, it's really an uphill climb for us because #17 this year is much more enticing than our frp next year, which could end up holding later second round value in present day if they thought we would be really good. 

• Like 1