Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Yo. My internet connection is dying. Brb in 2019.. Sorry Jay.. I can't take that bet. 

And you lost our 6 game bet.. Take your L like a woman you are.

That bet was void the day Jimmy G went down. But no worries, CJ Beathard got this! 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

So the Raiders seem to have benched Gareon Conley. Given that they are in full on fire sale mode, it  appears, he'd be a guy I would put a call into about. 

For the life of me I don't understand why they keep doing this with young corners. News flash, early on they are going to have their struggles and be inconsistent. Why are they given up so quickly?

Conley if available is definitely somone I'd ask about. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

For the life of me I don't understand why they keep doing this with young corners. News flash, early on they are going to have their struggles and be inconsistent. Why are they given up so quickly?

Conley if available is definitely somone I'd ask about. 

I don't get it either. My understanding is that he hasn't even played badly or anything. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't get it either. My understanding is that he hasn't even played badly or anything. 

It's hard for young corners when there is zero pass rush... 

What do you guys think Conley is worth? I didn't follow him in college but he was on Ohio State with lattimore? 

10 hours ago, N4L said:

It's hard for young corners when there is zero pass rush... 

What do you guys think Conley is worth? I didn't follow him in college but he was on Ohio State with lattimore? 

I'd give up a 4th or 3rd for him even. He was great at Ohio State. Fair amount of people thought he was more pro-ready and possibly better than Lattimore. Doesn't look great hindsight, but he's worth taking a chance on. 

31 minutes ago, John232 said:

I'd give up a 4th or 3rd for him even. He was great at Ohio State. Fair amount of people thought he was more pro-ready and possibly better than Lattimore. Doesn't look great hindsight, but he's worth taking a chance on. 

I don't think that would get it done given he was a first rounder just last year, but I'd talk to them about a third this year and a condition pick the following year that could be as high as a third. 

The question is whether or not we would utilize conley well in our scheme. One of the reasons that the OSU corners have come into the league and played well is because at Ohio state, they play a very aggressive man cover scheme, which isn't exactly our bread and butter. They press and jam and use their athleticism to stay sticky. 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think that would get it done given he was a first rounder just last year, but I'd talk to them about a third this year and a condition pick the following year that could be as high as a third. 

The question is whether or not we would utilize conley well in our scheme. One of the reasons that the OSU corners have come into the league and played well is because at Ohio state, they play a very aggressive man cover scheme, which isn't exactly our bread and butter. They press and jam and use their athleticism to stay sticky. 

Maybe Saleh should reconsider how we use our corners, because outside of Sherm, no one seems to know how to play zone. I'd give the benefit to Conley learning how to do both and to basically just be better than what we have. I wonder if we could package someone like Garcon. Gruden might honestly look at that as a positive addition to the deal.