Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

45 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

But we won last year, first of many wins that will be happening against them. Probably a bit rose colored in the way I’m looking at things but the Seahawks have I think 4 draft picks, didn’t so much in FA besides lose ET and bring back Wright and Clark and have a now older and banged up Baldwin. Where as we’ll have a healthier squad, QB, RB, WR, an improved pass rush with Ford and hopefully Allen/Bosa/QW and better LB play with Kwon and a further developed Warner. Our secondary could use some improvement as could our IOL but I see our team getting better where as the Seahawks are staying the same, and we split the series 1-1 last year.

I get what you are saying. Seahawks still have Wagner, and Clark though. The Seahawks have never had a losing record under Wilson. We did split the series 1-1 last year, but they still went to the playoffs as usual. We'll see. Didn't know they had that little draft capital.

Edited by PapaShogun

19 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

The days of being nervous about what Seattle does or doesn't do are long gone. Wilson is A incredible talent but he is still a whole tier behind guys like Rodgers, Brady and Brees. His escapability is still the most effective part of him as a QB and long as the status quo remains, a good defensive team/scheme can make easy work of him. 

This is still my favorite image of Russell Wilson:

Too bad that could happen to Jimmy G.

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Damn, hopefully that GM means 2012 playoff Flacco lol. 

He obviously just means Joe Flacco and Patrick Mahomes are both quarterbacks, so comparing Dee Ford to Frank Clark is like saying that they are both edge rushers. Which is true. 

Otherwise, dude is off his rocker. I mean, all else being equal, I would probably choose Clark over Ford, but factor in the contracts and the compensation needed to acquire, and I choose Ford easily.

Seahawks really made out like bandits. In a draft this deep, they can replace Clark with either 1st plus get a lot more pieces to help them retool.

• Like 1

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

He obviously just means Joe Flacco and Patrick Mahomes are both quarterbacks, so comparing Dee Ford to Frank Clark is like saying that they are both edge rushers. Which is true. 

Otherwise, dude is off his rocker. I mean, all else being equal, I would probably choose Clark over Ford, but factor in the contracts and the compensation needed to acquire, and I choose Ford easily.

Seahawks really made out like bandits. In a draft this deep, they can replace Clark with either 1st plus get a lot more pieces to help them retool.

Only problem is their late 1st round picks are usually trash. When was their good late 1st round pick? FFS, they took Penny last year! Unbelievably stupid pick that was. But yeah, imagine if they are able to replace Clark with say, Sweat or Ferrell? And won't have to pay the rookie that much money?

Good trade for the Seahawks, though you obviously hope to keep a player of Clark's caliber.

This team clearly doesn't care about losing top defensive talent as they still some how always finish in the top 10 on that end of the field. Carroll and the crew can coach their a$$es off on the defensive side of the ball. 

59 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Who would they move up for@3? Haskins? Waaaaay to high for him imo....but teams do the stupidest things when evaluating QBs?

I said in the other thread that the Jets were probably the ones behind the 'Raiders are going to take Haskins at 4' rumors to entice someone like the Giants to move up to #3. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

I said in the other thread that the Jets were probably the ones behind the 'Raiders are going to take Haskins at 4' rumors to entice someone like the Giants to move up to #3. 

So that we can then convince the Raiders to jump to #2. It's really our master plan. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

So that we can then convince the Raiders to jump to #2. It's really our master plan. 

that would assume that the Raiders actually want Haskins though, which they dont