Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

32 minutes ago, John232 said:

Truly amazing that we lost to the Cards. We are a better team, but we are brilliant at the elegant tank. 

As weird as it sounds, I don't think we are truly "worst team in the NFL" level awful even with Cj at quarterback if we just knocked off the turnovers. I think we'd probably be a five win team. Maybe six given the schedule

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Is an edge defender like Bosa even in Arizona's crosshairs if they get the top pick? Not sure where you start to fix that franchise. I would guess go all in at OL. Rosen needs help.

Doubt edge would be their priority when they have one of the best in Jones. I think they'd be a team that had Oliver higher on their board. Offensive line definitely needs help. 

Raiders and Cardinals fans already want their head coaches to get the axe 7 weeks into their first season. One positive I've noticed scoping around is that 49ers fans aren't at that point yet.

Watching Gruden and Wilks in their pressers reminds me so much of Mike Singletary. Even as the losses pile up, Kyle has remained transparent, and just never spouts the same cliche answers. Didn't think that was even possible, but his responses are always diverse. Best coach I've ever heard at the stand.

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Raiders and Cardinals fans already want their head coaches to get the axe 7 weeks into their first season. One positive I've noticed scoping around is that 49ers fans aren't at that point yet.

Watching Gruden and Wilks in their pressers reminds me so much of Mike Singletary. Even as the losses pile up, Kyle has remained transparent, and just never spouts the same cliche answers. Didn't think that was even possible, but his responses are always diverse. Best coach I've ever heard at the stand.

Cards bombed on hiring Wilks. In this day and age, I just don't think there's a place for hiring defensive minded coaches. Go find your Mcvay or Shanahan instead.

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Cards bombed on hiring Wilks. In this day and age, I just don't think there's a place for hiring defensive minded coaches. Go find your Mcvay or Shanahan instead.

I agree. That team misses Arians so much its insane. 

8 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not really sure i can get behind saying you shouldn't hire defensive minded coaches. Most important is to know which coordinator they can/will bring in to run the other side. If you have a defensive minded head coach your OC hire is the most important and same goes with offensive minde head coaches who they will bring in. McVay is a great offensive mind but without Wade Phillips he would have a way harder time because Phillips basically runs the whole defensive side which lets McVay concentrate fully on the offense. Is Wilks a good HC? I really couldn't tell you since i haven't seen enough of him to say he is a bad one. Hiring HC's is so much projection and gut feeling on how a guy will translate from what he did to a completely different job. 

7 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Not really sure i can get behind saying you shouldn't hire defensive minded coaches. Most important is to know which coordinator they can/will bring in to run the other side. If you have a defensive minded head coach your OC hire is the most important and same goes with offensive minde head coaches who they will bring in. McVay is a great offensive mind but without Wade Phillips he would have a way harder time because Phillips basically runs the whole defensive side which lets McVay concentrate fully on the offense. Is Wilks a good HC? I really couldn't tell you since i haven't seen enough of him to say he is a bad one. Hiring HC's is so much projection and gut feeling on how a guy will translate from what he did to a completely different job. 

The problem with the bolded is that if you have a good offensive coach that chances are they will get poached by another team. Offensive schemes tend to be more complex than defensive schemes, so learning a new offense is harder than learning a new defense.

There are exceptions, but in an offensive driven league, give me an offensive coach who I know is going to stay for a long time.