Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

19 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Why not? I root for the Browns now because of Mayfield and I always have for the Jags because my wife is from the Jacksonville area. But never against my 9ers! 

I cheer for Frank Gore no matter where he is. Would never against the 49ers, but luckily that has not been an issue. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I’d like to bring in Baldwin but I’m curious if the “failed physical” designation is legit 

It was reported during the draft that his career was likely over. I don't think that they would be getting rid of him if it wasn't necessary. 

7 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

It was reported during the draft that his career was likely over. I don't think that they would be getting rid of him if it wasn't necessary. 

damn well thats too bad, quite the career. 

Dang, Mark Walton hasn’t been helping his career recently. I just saw that he was arrested 3 times in a couple of months span earlier this year. Too bad, I liked Walton. Sounds like he’ll get another shot in Miami. Might have been smart for him to get out of Miami, but hopefully he gets it turned around.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/13/nfl-power-rankings-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

Peter King's early rankings:

7. +SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (4-12)

Here’s my big surprise. Only I don’t see it that way. In 2017 and 2018, the Niners were 6-2 when Jimmy Garoppolo started and 4-18 when he didn’t. In his fateful last start, when he ran left and tore his ACL at Kansas City, these were the last four drives he executed that afternoon, going head to head with Patrick Mahomes at rabid Arrowhead: 54 yards to a field goal, 87 yards to a touchdown, 77 yards to a touchdown, 58 yards to a field goal. In his 10 NFL starts, he’s a 66-percent passer. I have no problem making two statements: I think the 49ers are a playoff team if Garappolo plays a full season. And I think Garoppolo will be seen as a top 10 NFL quarterback if he plays a full season this year. Still, the fact that he hasn’t done it leaves the question in everyone’s mind: The kid’s started only 10 games in five NFL seasons, he’s been rewarded ridiculously for what the Niners expect him to do … and now, can he do it? The future of so many people in San Francisco—including joined-at-the-hip coach Kyle Shanahan and GM John Lynch—are riding on Garoppolo’s right arm. And his health. I’m fine gambling on him.

7th huh? 3rd in the NFC behind the Rams and Saints. If as King predicts that Jimmy G will be a top 10 QB, then I have little doubt this team will be a playoffs team. But obviously he needs to prove that and prove he can stay healthy. 

oh man, that peter king write up makes me so freaking excited.

This team feels like its rounding into form. If Garoppolo plays the way we all know he can, we will be really hard to beat. 

AUGUST CANT COME SOON ENOUGH

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/13/nfl-power-rankings-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

Peter King's early rankings:

7th huh? 3rd in the NFC behind the Rams and Saints. If as King predicts that Jimmy G will be a top 10 QB, then I have little doubt this team will be a playoffs team. But obviously he needs to prove that and prove he can stay healthy. 

I went and picked every NFL game post-draft - I had us 11-5 with the #5 seed by the time I finished. It's all injury-dependent. A healthy team = healthy results. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I went and picked every NFL game post-draft - I had us 11-5 with the #5 seed by the time I finished. It's all injury-dependent. A healthy team = healthy results. 

I have us around .500 right now. Just too much unknown for us (particularly with regards to health) and other facets. I agree that if Jimmy is a top 10 type quarterback, we are going to the playoffs. I'm fairly confident with regards to that. But I'm not going to give him that much credit yet. So between that and the injuries, I want to see what shakes out during pre season and the like. I don't love our schedule, I will say that, but I do think we definitely have the upside to be a double digit win team, but too much unknown for me at the current point in time. The injuries and usage are the two biggest things I want to get figured out before I really think about where we are going to land. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I have us around .500 right now. Just too much unknown for us (particularly with regards to health) and other facets. I agree that if Jimmy is a top 10 type quarterback, we are going to the playoffs. I'm fairly confident with regards to that. But I'm not going to give him that much credit yet. So between that and the injuries, I want to see what shakes out during pre season and the like. I don't love our schedule, I will say that, but I do think we definitely have the upside to be a double digit win team, but too much unknown for me at the current point in time. The injuries and usage are the two biggest things I want to get figured out before I really think about where we are going to land. 

Thats kind of where I am too.