Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 hour ago, Forge said:

We don't have a second of course, but still, pretty interesting. I think a contender is going to get a very good, young player soon. 

I would give our first for him. Maybe offer a first and third for their second and minkah initially. I think they have the saints second this year, I'd even take that one. If they say no, wait a day then give them the first rounder they want 

He is absolutely worth it for us. He is one year into a rookie deal and has a 5th year option too. He's under team control for another 4 seasons. That's huge. We could move Moore back to corner for when we have to get rid of Sherman next year. Or when tartt gets hurt we could have Moore and minkah back there.

Minkah Fitzpatrick >> tarvarious Moore. 

I know it goes against our MO, especially with not having a second already, but this defense would instantly jump to elite with him, and we are a potential Superbowl team if Garoppolo gets back on track. Given how spoon looks, suddenly our secondary would be a huge strength for us. I really don't think I'm over stating this. 

It's a move that a team like the Rams make to be honest. It feels ballsy, but in reality he is a super talented 22 year old on a rookie contract. Let's not overthink this

It would make John lynch look like a figgen genius for not paying ET and then landing minkah. Executive of the year type of genius move.

Minkah and Dee Ford are two cornerstone type defensive players. Those are worth high picks. I have no problem spending a pick we would prob

The only thing we will regret about this trade is not having enough money to pay bosa, fitz, deebo, hurd all at the same time. That's a super young core of absolute studs 

MAKE THE DEAL 

Edited by N4L

8 hours ago, oldman9er said:

don't know if true; read this over on Roto recently

Fitzpatrick allowed an airtight 53.4 passer rating in the slot last year but stayed jostling from corner to the front-seven in Miami's season opener as the new regime continued toying with alignments and personnel.

This makes sense. I know his coverage fell off late last season but that could be because they put him on the boundary. 

So pretty much you are paying for a good spot corner. And in today's league, obviously a slot corner matters quite a bit. I just think the "versatility" angle is overrated when he's not really all that great as an outside corner or safety. 

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This makes sense. I know his coverage fell off late last season but that could be because they put him on the boundary. 

So pretty much you are paying for a good spot corner. And in today's league, obviously a slot corner matters quite a bit. I just think the "versatility" angle is overrated when he's not really all that great as an outside corner or safety. 

I'll admit, I don't know much about Minkah, but if he's not great on the outside or at safety and only effective as a slot, interior defender, why would we spend a 1st on that when we have two capable slot corners already on the team? If I'm spending a 1st on Minkah, I want someone who is flat-out dominant at one spot or above average at multiple spots. 

Only been a pro for the one year... obviously (Minkah). I don't know that it's fair to say what position or how well Minkah is or will be. 

I'd give em a 1st and try to weasel back a 3rd or 4th rounder. Bold, yes. Foolish, eh maybe.

A few things make me inclined to. 

- 3 yrs left and a "5th" yr option

- signing bonus gets consumed by the Fins, so the yearly cap cost for us is favorable.

- We know we can't depend on the health of so very many current players. Long year, and we are viable for a deep run.

- really liked him as a prospect, like duh.  

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Arians is a moron. Never seen someone so poorly utilize talent. Howard is amazing and so is Evans. 

Triggered Howard owner is triggered. 

He's never used tight ends though. Evans is still getting his looks, he's just been less efficient than Godwin at this point (he also had the tougher corner matchup last night)

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's never used tight ends though. Evans is still getting his looks, he's just been less efficient than Godwin at this point (he also had the tougher corner matchup last night)

idk how to deal with this Howard Situation. Just because a coach hasn't used TE's before doesn't mean he won't. Especially one like Howard. Just baffles me. I'm completely screwed with Howard long term. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Unbelievable, the refs blowing it dead just screwed the Saints of a 87 yard fumble return for a TD. That was a clear fumble. The ref should have let the play go on and then they could have reviewed it to see if it was an incomplete or not. 

It's just unreal. Poor Saints getting hosed yet again. LMAO

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mahomes really is insane. I've never seen anything like this. Dude did nothing in the first quarter and now all of a sudden has over 300 passing yards and 4 TDs....Which all came in the 2nd quarter lol. 

Nothing you can do as a defense when someone plays like that.