Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

I'd rather just sign him than trade a fourth in a dead season and then sign him. 

That would essentially be a low 3rd... What's the point

This way you don't give him a chance to hit the market. If I can get Haha locked up to a long term deal to help resolve the safety issues, I'd give up a 4th round pick for that. I'm about acquiring real talent at this point. 

Heard a Lynch interview on the radio today. He talked about not making a trade before the deadline. Paraphrasing -

"The problem with being 1-7 is that the guys on your team haven't played well"

"Anyone we acquired, we wanted it to be someone under team control for the next few seasons, and that just wasn't out there" 

Both perfectly sound reasons as to why we didn't acquire or unload talent. 

He kept saying that he was "trying to stay patient". He also said "we are going to have to draft our way out of this thing"

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Heard a Lynch interview on the radio today. He talked about not making a trade before the deadline. Paraphrasing -

"The problem with being 1-7 is that the guys on your team haven't played well"

"Anyone we acquired, we wanted it to be someone under team control for the next few seasons, and that just wasn't out there" 

Both perfectly sound reasons as to why we didn't acquire or unload talent. 

He kept saying that he was "trying to stay patient". He also said "we are going to have to draft our way out of this thing"

I don't think this is accurate at all. Several teams have shown what you can do by building through free agency and trades to supplement a core the last few years. I hate this front office's philosophy on free agency. Really, really bugs me. It's by far my least favorite aspect of this regime. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't think this is accurate at all. Several teams have shown what you can do by building through free agency and trades to supplement a core the last few years. I hate this front office's philosophy on free agency. Really, really bugs me. It's by far my least favorite aspect of this regime. 

To be fair, he followed it up with "we know we've got a lot of money to spend as well" 

This regime has spent the cheddar. I mean seriously, we've overpaid everyone in the past two seasons. Juszczyk, richburg, Garcon, Garoppolo, McKinnon.. all guys we happily overpaid.

The idea was to build a culture that was attractive to free agents..  I'll believe we are an attractive free agent destination when we don't have to overpay. 

We certainly need more veteran leadership. Why we didn't sign Eric Reid, I will never understand. 

I'm hoping the failures will make them re-evaluate their talent evaluation process. I hope they are realistic with how they've done so far. 

• Like 2