Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

54 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

You know, I also wouldn't be surprised if this is just some wild Belichickian reverse psychology at play here. Look at the teams reportedly angling for Emmanuel Sanders- Saints, Packers, 49ers - his possible Super Bowl opponents with a need (or at least desire) to improve at the same spot. So set the price high for improvement and play a game of chicken. The coach competing for his 7th ring has nothing to lose by giving up a high price. The others might be understandably more wary. 

ffs, this is some sick, twisted, brilliant strategy then perhaps  :/ 

31 minutes ago, N4L said:

Sanu is a really good player and brings size the pats don't have from their targets. I love this trade for them tbh 

But he's basically a big slot, so it makes it an interesting decision given that they have Edelman. Curious if they are putting him outside. 

Sanu went for pretty much the same that Dee Ford went for.

Pretty amazing lol...Granted, one guy then signed a 95M deal with like 30M guaranteed while the other is on an extremely cheap deal. But still, I think Lynch and the crew have to be happy with that trade. 

The market for sanders still seems likely be a 3/4, somewhere in there. 

It sucks that this is the deal for Sanu, as that absolutely would take Marvin Jones off the table, and he was a guy I would have at least put a call in about and the situation is nearly identical between the two (with jones probably being the better receiver, but Sanu being able to fill in as emergency quarterback lol). 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

The market for sanders still seems likely be a 3/4, somewhere in there. 

It sucks that this is the deal for Sanu, as that absolutely would take Marvin Jones off the table, and he was a guy I would have at least put a call in about and the situation is nearly identical between the two (with jones probably being the better receiver, but Sanu being able to fill in as emergency quarterback lol). 

Marvin Jones would be soooooo nice. But yea his 4TD game probably made him untradable.

Just now, nayad said:

Marvin Jones would be soooooo nice. But yea his 4TD game probably made him untradable.

Even just skipping that (kind of an isolated incident), he's a year younger than Sanu and they have the same exact contract moving forward (both are under contract for one more year at 6.5 million). Given that he's simply a better receiver than Sanu, I don't understand how the market for him wouldn't be the exact same. 

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Josh Gordon is soon going to get released once he gets healthy, or that is his hope. So yay or nay??

He hasn't been good in a long time. Pats fans say that he looks slow and isn't trying on the field, etc. We are 6 years removed from that one monster season he had in Cleveland. Definitely don't think that he's the all pro potential guy that he used to be at this point. Feels more like a complimentary player to me. With all the other baggage and what I believe is probably a capped season, I'm okay with passing on him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

He hasn't been good in a long time. Pats fans say that he looks slow and isn't trying on the field, etc. We are 6 years removed from that one monster season he had in Cleveland. Definitely don't think that he's the all pro potential guy that he used to be at this point. Feels more like a complimentary player to me. With all the other baggage and what I believe is probably a capped season, I'm okay with passing on him. 

He was certainly good last season. Great? No, but good for sure. Now, after the latest suspension maybe that was the last nail in the coffin to him ever getting back to that level again. I remember how Aldon after his last suspension with us never recovered and was pretty much done after that .