Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

3 hours ago, John232 said:

Man, Dee Ford is a beast.

Dude is straight balling out this year. A man possessed. The chiefs have cap space, but I'm wondering if they keep both he and Houston. Feel like Dee is going to want big money because he's already like 27 or 28 I think. They may cut Houston and roll with Ford, franchise Ford, cut Houston, etc. 

I can't remember an organization like this year's Raiders squad being so pathetic and shameful. I'm not talking about just having a bad roster either. Seems like the entire vibe there is toxic. This is like '78 49ers bad for a new age. Just utter chaos. No one is going to want to go the Raiders after this. Tanking for real is not how to run a football team. Didn't really think players quit on the field, since everyone is an independent contractor in the league chasing the dollar. However, Oakland is making me change my mind. Sad. Especially since this is the last year in Oakland 

Edited by PapaShogun

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes!!!!!! I don't care how sassy he is, we have to consider trading for him. Maybe if we fall in the 6-8 range? 

Assuming they do trade him, I would think we have to pull the trigger with a first given our need at the position. Then just need to figure out where the pass rush comes from. 

14 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Assuming they do trade him, I would think we have to pull the trigger with a first given our need at the position. Then just need to figure out where the pass rush comes from. 

The Jags quickly shot those reports down but Schefter is too plugged in for this to not have any sort of smoke to it. If he is available, we absolutely have to think about pulling the trigger. This guy is perfect for the system and imagine him opposite of Sherman? Sheesh, that would be one heck of a duo. 

Now, would you rather have Ramsey or one of Ferrell/Allen/Sweat/Polite? 

If we did our first pick and someone like Thomas (which would make sense for them on some level, get rid of Malik, same system). I would be game for that.  Maybe get back a mid round pick too.

i just don’t want to lose the potential to trade back into the first to grab one of the many super talented ends that might dropz

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Jags quickly shot those reports down but Schefter is too plugged in for this to not have any sort of smoke to it. If he is available, we absolutely have to think about pulling the trigger. This guy is perfect for the system and imagine him opposite of Sherman? Sheesh, that would be one heck of a duo. 

Now, would you rather have Ramsey or one of Ferrell/Allen/Sweat/Polite? 

Ramsey bugs the hell out of me personality wise (and I worry he will always be a bit high maintenance) but if you can get the extension in place before making the deal (I think he's eligible after this season?), then I think you have to do it. All those other guys are just maybes. Trade / sign Ramsey. You can maybe get a passable pass rusher at the top of the second (and one of these guys may fall, or we can trade from the front of the second into the bottom half of the first), plus you can still sign someone. 

I'm not giving up more than the first, but yeah, if that's on the table, I think you have to do it. 

Just now, John232 said:

Giants win.

huge. 

To me, the rest is inconsequential - it's all about the Raiders and Cards today. The Giants didn't bug me at all. I think the needs of the two teams aren't majorly overlapping in my opinion. If Herbert comes out, I'd expect him to be their guy, and if he doesn't, I think they have to focus on Williams or they may snag one of the DTs (and while we could take one of those DTs, we are obviously fairly deep at the position, so missing out on them is not really that big of a deal to me) 

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

To me, the rest is inconsequential - it's all about the Raiders and Cards today. The Giants didn't bug me at all. I think the needs of the two teams aren't majorly overlapping in my opinion. If Herbert comes out, I'd expect him to be their guy, and if he doesn't, I think they have to focus on Williams or they may snag one of the DTs (and while we could take one of those DTs, we are obviously fairly deep at the position, so missing out on them is not really that big of a deal to me) 

I think that being above the Giants in draft order is important for one reason: trade value. If Herbert comes out then he'll be the only true top QB prospect. I think everyone knows that the Giants will take him if they have the chance so it would be important to jump them if you are a QB needy team. Since we will be looking to take an EDGE guy and #2 overall might be a bit rich for any of the guys available we could still be very interested in trading back a few spots then landing our guy.  The Giants win today could mean a lot more draft capital in the future. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geek said:

I think that being above the Giants in draft order is important for one reason: trade value. If Herbert comes out then he'll be the only true top QB prospect. I think everyone knows that the Giants will take him if they have the chance so it would be important to jump them if you are a QB needy team. Since we will be looking to take an EDGE guy and #2 overall might be a bit rich for any of the guys available we could still be very interested in trading back a few spots then landing our guy.  The Giants win today could mean a lot more draft capital in the future. 

Oh yeah, I agree with that as a possibility, and that could be big. 

The fun thing is, there's a glut of teams at three wins. With their  win today, they're officially fifth in the draft order. While some of that will sort itself out the rest of the season if they lose out (games against WAshington are suddenly winnable now with no Smith), they've put themselves in a bit of a bind draft order wise at the current point in time if Herbert does elect to come out (truthfully, I'm not sure what he does. There's growing sentiment he stays because his brother is an incoming freshman at Oregon and they want to play together, his family is from the area and well off, so he doesn't need the money. I could see him going back)

• Like 1