Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

5 minutes ago, Geek said:

So this weekend went perfectly for us. We're back in the #1 overall spot. If we lose next week to the Bucs there is a really good chance we will have the shot to take Bosa #1 overall.

The tampa game will hurt our SOS, but it's a pretty considerable difference right now between us and the Raiders I think. \

edit

Forgot the Cards only had 2 wins. They are at pick number 2 right now, and there's a lot smaller difference between the two of us. We need the teams we played but AZ didn't to be awful the rest of the season. Unfortunately, they got Washington, who just lost smith for the season, so that team is probably going to be rough moving forward. We get the bucs, who are pretty bad, but could turn it on in some of these games I suppose. 

6 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

Gruden tried his best to tank that game. 

I was 100% certain they were going to lose that game when the Raiders kicked a FG on the Cards 2 yard line to go up by 6. Thankfully the Cardinals suck too. 

32 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Current SOS per tank a thon:

49ers: .506

Cards: .532

Raiders: .558

The cards' non common opponent was washington, who just lost Smith for the year, so possible that they aren't going to be very good moving forward, and Washingont. We have the Bucs, who frankly aren't very good and the Giants, who didn't help us by winning today, but given they were playing the bucs, it really didn't matter for us since we play them. 

So basically, just root for Tampa and the Giants to have worse records than the Falcons and Redskins. 

Next week's game vs Tampa will go a long way in determining where we pick. Winston should be the starter and will know this is his last shot so he probably puts on a good performance. After that, the only game to worry about is LAR in week 17. Hopefully they still have a shot at the #1 seed heading into week 17. I mean or be in position to play for home field in the final week of the season. 

I guess the Broncos could be a potential win but that defense is rock solid. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Next week's game vs Tampa will go a long way in determining where we pick. Winston should be the starter and will know this is his last shot so he probably puts on a good performance. After that, the only game to worry about is LAR in week 17. Hopefully they still have a shot at the #1 seed heading into week 17. I mean or be in position to play for home field in the final week of the season. 

Honestly, it's great to think about the #1 pick, but I still doubt that we end up with it. And honestly, I'm not so broken up about it. One, there's no guarantee, as crazy as it sounds, that we would select Bosa. Plus there are so many great edge rushers in this draft if we elect to go that route, that I think any of them could end up being great to be honest. I like Bosa more than the  others, but it's not like he doesn't have some warts (I'd be lying if I didn't say I didn't have some concerns about his health, especially with Joey having to sit out half the season this year) 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The tampa game will hurt our SOS, but it's a pretty considerable difference right now between us and the Raiders I think. \

edit

Forgot the Cards only had 2 wins. They are at pick number 2 right now, and there's a lot smaller difference between the two of us. We need the teams we played but AZ didn't to be awful the rest of the season. Unfortunately, they got Washington, who just lost smith for the season, so that team is probably going to be rough moving forward. We get the bucs, who are pretty bad, but could turn it on in some of these games I suppose. 

Without looking it up, I can tell you from the NFCE they played Washington (3rd place) and we played the giants (4th place). We play Tampa, and they play Carolina (3rd place in the nfcs). All of our other games are exactly the same. 

We have the tiebreaker in hand with the Cardinals. 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Without looking it up, I can tell you from the NFCE they played Washington (3rd place) and we played the giants (4th place). We play Tampa, and they play Carolina (3rd place in the nfcs). All of our other games are exactly the same. 

We have the tiebreaker in hand with the Cardinals. 

They didn't play the panthers. They played the Falcons. 

See my edited post (I'm not sure how you even quoted me from so long ago, I edited that like an hour ago lol). We just have to root for the Giants / Bucs to have worse records than Washington / Falcons, and we are fine with regards to that tie breaker. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

They didn't play the panthers. They played the Falcons 

Ah that's right, Carolina was the 5th seed last year. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

With the way the saints are playing, I think it's a very strong possibility the Rams play their starters that week. 

Also considering how they were bounced in the playoffs in the first round, and the high probability they will have a first round bye, mcvay may even play everyone except gurley in that game regardless 

Just now, N4L said:

With the way the saints are playing, I think it's a very strong possibility the Rams play their starters that week. 

Depends on if the Rams keep pace. If they are both sitting at one loss, then yes, they would have to play their starters. If the rams lose tomorrow, and they are a game behind the Saints going into week 17, there would be no reason to since the Saints hold the tie breaker. So its just about them having the same record (or the rams having a better record) heading into that last week. If there is no hope for home field, they'll rest them. 

McVay has continued to show that he's going to rest his starters - just look at the preseason. All of them basically just took the preseason off 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ah that's right, Carolina was the 5th seed last year. 

Also considering how they were bounced in the playoffs in the first round, and the high probability they will have a first round bye, mcvay may even play everyone except gurley in that game regardless 

I doubt McVay changes his approach. He is going to rest his starters if possible in week 17.

The thing is, they lost to NO already so they have to have the same record heading into week 17. If the Rams lose tomorrow, then the Saints are in great position to get the #1 seed. Though they still play Carolina twice, Dallas and Pittsburg. So they still have some potential tough games. Rams only have the Bears left that will be a tough game for them excluding tomorrow's game. 

@Forge definitely some good edge rushers this draft. Even if we don't get the #1 pick we should be in solid shape. Those losses to the Cards were clutch in that sense. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

This Bears defense is what I want. They create some of the highest pressure rates in the NFL, with one of the lowest blitz rates. That's the dream man. 

Classiic Fangio. He doesn't like to blitz much at all. They have a pretty similar defense to the one we had during our peak. He has two damn good ILBs, has his Smith bros duo in Mack/Hicks and has a sound secondary.