Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Though it doesn't impact us directly, could be a really big win tonight for the Cowboys against the Saints for us. With the Rams back in the driver's seat for home field, but behind in the tie breaker with the saints, they'll need to keep playing the starters so long as they have just a one game lead over New Orleans. Basically just have to hope that both teams continue to win out. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Though it doesn't impact us directly, could be a really big win tonight for the Cowboys against the Saints for us. With the Rams back in the driver's seat for home field, but behind in the tie breaker with the saints, they'll need to keep playing the starters so long as they have just a one game lead over New Orleans. Basically just have to hope that both teams continue to win out. 

Yup. Watched that game last night (with my 9 year old, who is now begging me to find a football game to watch together multiple times a week! I tell him there are lots of college games on Saturday and he says "I can't wait that long!". Me proud and pleased dad! :D ) and was initially disappointed the 'boys won. Then I realized the Ram can no longer afford to rest their starters vs. us. B| Which gives us a better chance at BOSA!  :x 

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yup. Watched that game last night (with my 9 year old, who is now begging me to find a football game to watch together multiple times a week! I tell him there are lots of college games on Saturday and he says "I can't wait that long!". Me proud and pleased dad! :D ) and was initially disappointed the 'boys won. Then I realized the Ram can no longer afford to rest their starters vs. us. B| Which gives us a better chance at BOSA!  :x 

You could look into NFL.com's Game Pass. It allows you to watch any game from the season. Not the same as a new live game, but gives you guys more bonding time.

• Like 1

At least Spencer Ware is a quality NFL backup. Obviously, not going to be the fantasy stud that Hunt is, but from a football perspective, I don't think that they take that big of a step back when Hunt gets suspended (and I have to assume that he is very much getting suspended)

6 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

You could look into NFL.com's Game Pass. It allows you to watch any game from the season. Not the same as a new live game, but gives you guys more bonding time.

I'm sure you can also find old games on youtube. Like... I don't know...

Can't go wrong with this one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Forge said:

The chiefs released hunt. Wow. That is some zero tolerance right there. I mean, the video obviously wasn't great, but I can't remember a time it went from 0-60 like that

Seriously though. It's really a shame we have used up all of our 'get a troubled player' cards already. 

He's a top 5 running back on a rookie deal, he will be claimed by someone. 

I've been trying to find the waiver order somewhere out there. Can anyone else post it?I'd bet there are multiple claims. 

I'm hoping he goes to Philly because my best friend is an eagles fan lol 

I would be freaking pumped if he could somehow land here but I know we won't touch him 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

Seriously though. It's really a shame we have used up all of our 'get a troubled player' cards already. 

He's a top 5 running back on a rookie deal, he will be claimed by someone. 

I've been trying to find the waiver order somewhere out there. Can anyone else post it?I'd bet there are multiple claims. 

I'm hoping he goes to Philly because my best friend is an eagles fan lol 

I would be freaking pumped if he could somehow land here but I know we won't touch him 

**edit (discovered it does change in season)**

the waiver order starts in the draft order for the  first three weeks. After week 3, it changes to the current standings. So we would have top priority, I believe. I would still be targeting the Jets as the team that gets him if he gets claimed. 

43 minutes ago, Forge said:

The waiver wire is the draft order. So Cleveland, NYG, Indy, etc etc etc. My eyes are set on the Jets at 6. I don't believe it changes throughout the season, and it doesn't change when a team claims a player so far as I know. 

Just found this: 

"During the offseason and during roster cuts, the waiver wire order is the same as the NFL draftorder (not including trades). After Week 3 of the regular season, the order turns to the standings around the league as the team with the worst record gets first priority on the waiver wire and the team with the best record gets last priority"

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/1/17805562/nfl-cuts-2018-explaining-how-waiver-wire-works-claiming-order

Soooo that means we have the #1 waiver spot. PULL THE GODDAMN TRIGGER LYNCH

guaranteed top 5 running back on a rookie contract aaaaaannd we are going to pass on him... twice! 

WE NEED TALENT 

He isn't a 'scheme fit' because he probably doesn't execute the outside zone as well as breida (and mostert honestly) but he breaks more tackles than anyone else, can catch passes, line up in the slot or the outside (hasn't done it much this year but did it a lot last year), and he can pass block. He's a true workhorse and a three down back. 

I WANT WINNERS

optics be damned, I'm tired of losing 

Edited by N4L