Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

Just now, N4L said:

Just found this: 

"During the offseason and during roster cuts, the waiver wire order is the same as the NFL draftorder (not including trades). After Week 3 of the regular season, the order turns to the standings around the league as the team with the worst record gets first priority on the waiver wire and the team with the best record gets last priority"

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/1/17805562/nfl-cuts-2018-explaining-how-waiver-wire-works-claiming-order

Soooo that means we have the #1 waiver spot. PULL THE GODDAMN TRIGGER LYNCH

guaranteed top 5 running back on a rookie contract 

How long do you hold on to posts? Lol I edited that like 15 minutes ago 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

How long do you hold on to posts? Lol I edited that like 15 minutes ago 

My mind goes a million miles an hour in a million different directions sometimes. 

I try to make my posts coherent lol

apparently we have a masters in English and all sorts of master grads here. Gotta be careful or you'll end up a corpse

(Or you'll just end up stealing jokes from Rudy, i don't know which is worse) 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

The chiefs released hunt. Wow. That is some zero tolerance right there. I mean, the video obviously wasn't great, but I can't remember a time it went from 0-60 like that

Probably the Aaron Hernandez thing. I feel like it was a longer time from knowledge to release though. 

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Just found this: 

"During the offseason and during roster cuts, the waiver wire order is the same as the NFL draftorder (not including trades). After Week 3 of the regular season, the order turns to the standings around the league as the team with the worst record gets first priority on the waiver wire and the team with the best record gets last priority"

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/1/17805562/nfl-cuts-2018-explaining-how-waiver-wire-works-claiming-order

Soooo that means we have the #1 waiver spot. PULL THE GODDAMN TRIGGER LYNCH

guaranteed top 5 running back on a rookie contract aaaaaannd we are going to pass on him... twice! 

WE NEED TALENT 

He isn't a 'scheme fit' because he probably doesn't execute the outside zone as well as breida (and mostert honestly) but he breaks more tackles than anyone else, can catch passes, line up in the slot or the outside (hasn't done it much this year but did it a lot last year), and he can pass block. He's a true workhorse and a three down back. 

I WANT WINNERS

optics be damned, I'm tired of losing 

The team literally cannot take a zero tolerance stand on domestic violence and 6 days later put in a waiver claim on a player with video proof of domestic violence. 

I want nothing to do with him. 

• Like 3

Had we not released Foster as fast as we did, the Chiefs would probably have held on to him longer. I think our fast turn-around is kinda forcing other teams to treat these issues with the fast approach, or else they'll suffer the backlash of the comparison. It would be like "The niners released Foster right away. Does keeping Hunt means you condone domestic violence?" That may not be the case, but that's what the media will pound on. 

Also, it didn't really go from 0 to 60. The Chiefs were already aware of the incident, they just didn't know of the video, and Hunt lied to them. It was DV + a big fat lie, and that's why he was released as fast as he was. Like Reuben, Hunt had to adhere to a certain code of conduct. He violated that code, and that meant he cannot be trusted. Sucks for the Chiefs. We've been there with Foster, with Aldon, probably with others that weren't as big a name, and didn't make the headlines. That's a risk.

As for claiming him, I'd love to have a player of his talent, but it would look terrible, plus he can't be trusted. These guys, Hunt and Foster, and Aldon, and other big names with great talent and wasted careers, they should be poster boys for the reality of the NFL, that it is a privilege to come in the NFL and make obscene amounts of money to play football. Show the young guys what they are bound to lose (in financial terms) by behaving poorly. Then offer more psychological support. Disguise a therapist as a quality control coach, or a ball boy, or something. The waterboy! The waterboy had a very high character. Except for violence towards teachers. That's unacceptable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

The team literally cannot take a zero tolerance stand on domestic violence and 6 days later put in a waiver claim on a player with video proof of domestic violence. 

I want nothing to do with him. 

You must have missed my earlier post 

13 hours ago, N4L said:

It's really a shame we have used up all of our 'get a troubled player' cards already. 

13 hours ago, N4L said:

I would be freaking pumped if he could somehow land here but I know we won't touch him 

Top 5 running back on a rookie deal 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

You must have missed my earlier post 

Top 5 running back on a rookie deal 

I didn't miss it. I responded to the above post because it was posted. And even had Foster never been on the team, I'd want nothing to do with Hunt. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Happy i picked him in the Are you smarter thing this year. Reminded me of his brother some but just a good football player that you can use in multiple ways.

My picks have been meh. Minkah has been fantastic, but so has McG, so really a wash there. Lorenzo Carter has been pretty solid for the giants from what I have seen, but I don't know how good. My TCMD picks have been really bad though so far to start the year.  My 17 picks were bad in the early rounds, but very solid in the middle rounds (Godwin, Kazee, Tedric Thompson). 

Almost the perfect day for us with the Cardinals and Jaguars winning, the Giants were soooo close to winning themselves. That would have damn near clinched us a top 2 selection. But a stupid DPI call with three seconds and now that game is going to OT. SMH....

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

My picks have been meh. Minkah has been fantastic, but so has McG, so really a wash there. Lorenzo Carter has been pretty solid for the giants from what I have seen, but I don't know how good. My TCMD picks have been really bad though so far to start the year.  My 17 picks were bad in the early rounds, but very solid in the middle rounds (Godwin, Kazee, Tedric Thompson). 

Reid has been pretty much the only guy that has really performed that i picked i believe. A few guys that have played but nobody that really stands out. Edmunds has started every game and guys like Hubbard, Schultz and Griffin have had some playing time and then some guys that have been on PS or pure depth.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Almost the perfect day for us with the Cardinals and Jaguars winning, the Giants were soooo close to winning themselves. That would have damn near clinched us a top 2 selection. But a stupid DPI call with three seconds and now that game is going to OT. SMH....

Giants have completely crapped the bed two weeks in a row. 

Elegant tanking at its finest

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay the Giants win it in OT.

Perfect, so comes down to us and Raiders for the #1 pick. Raiders have the Bengals with Driskel and that is a winnable game for them. 

Yep, and the only real winnable game for us (to me at least), is if the Rams go B-team against us in the finale. And we still may not beat that team, but it'd be winnable (Mannion is bad)