Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Aldrick Robinson having a nice game against the Rams. Maybe we should have kept him. Wouldn't be doing any worse than our current group. 

Meh, I'll still take James and his upside over Robinson...

My concern is that everyone talks about Shanny's and his offense but it's McVay that looks like the boy wonder. His offense is more crisp, efficient and more diverse. His team looks more disciplined and better prepared, week after week. I'm sort of jelly tbh....

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

My concern is that everyone talks about Shanny's and his offense but it's McVay that looks like the boy wonder. His offense is more crisp, efficient and more diverse. His team looks more disciplined and better prepared, week after week. I'm sort of jelly tbh....

True. The rams are more focused. Having Wade Phillips as DC helps too. 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Mcvay could certainly be the superior of the two, though I have no real complaints on shanny's offense. Weirdly though, his real gift at scheming seems to be getting the non true skill positions wide open (fullbacks and tight ends). 

That being said, Mcvay is also working with far superior parts overall

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mcvay could certainly be the superior of the two, though I have no real complaints on shanny's offense. Weirdly though, his real gift at scheming seems to be getting the non true skill positions wide open (fullbacks and tight ends). 

That being said, Mcvay is also working with far superior parts overall

Meh, the only true superior part is Gurley. Goff looked like a guy who was destined for bust status as a rookie. McVay has him looking like the a top 5-ish QB. His deep ball touch is a thing of beauty. Kupp is a small school prospect who is looking very good...very Theilen-like. Woods was a JAG in Buffalo. Cooks is definitely dangerous but you swap him for Goodwin and their offense wouldn't miss a beat. 

IMO, it was McVay's emphasis on transforming and improving the O-Line. You could see it was a major concern when he arrived and I thought it was brilliant on his part that he made sure Snead attack the problem immediately. Totally revamped the unit he inheireted. Can't run any kind offense if you can't block. I think that's where he may have out-smarted Shanny, who tried to go with the guys already here and make them fit the scheme instead having Lynch revamp the whole unit so he could run the type of offense he wants. I've always said great teams are built from the inside-out. 

Edited by 757-NINER

14 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, the only true superior part is Gurley. Goff looked like a guy who was destined for bust status as a rookie. McVay has him looking like the a top 5-ish QB. His deep ball touch is a thing of beauty. Kupp is a small school prospect who is looking very good...very Theilen-like. Woods was a JAG in Buffalo. Cooks is definitely dangerous but you swap him for Goodwin and their offense wouldn't miss a beat. 

IMO, it was McVay's emphasis on transforming and improving the O-Line. You could see it was a major concern when he arrived and I thought it was brilliant on his part that he made sure Snead attack the problem immediately. Totally revamped the unit he inheireted. Can't run any kind offense if you can't block. I think that's where he may have out-smarted Shanny, who tried to go with the guys already here and make them fit the scheme instead having Lynch revamp the whole unit so he could run the type of offense he wants. I've always said great teams are built from the inside-out. 

Que?

Cooks is better than Goodwin. You could swap Goodwin out for any number of players and I don't think our offense skips a beat. Give us cooks and we are better than when we have Goodwin.  

Woods is better than Garcon at this point. Yeah, he was just a jag in buffalo. Goodwin wasn't even that...maybe its because luminaries such as tyrod and ej Manuel and a broken down Kyle Orton were the quarterbacks. 

Kupp is better than whatever slot receiver you want us to throw out there. 

And yes, at this point, Goff >>> Jimmy. 

Just for good measure, they also have the better left tackle. 

We've got kittle though. They can't match that yet. Sorry, but our roster simply isn't that great, with offensively or defensively right now. 

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

No. The rams without a doubt have far superior parts. In fact Jimmy and Kittle are the only two guys who have cases to be better than their counterparts in LA.

It’s annoying being a dynasty Cook owner. 

Offensively speaking, I completely disagree. Looking at the skill positions,  sans Gurley what do they really have? I'm not taking Woods over Garcon. I'd put Cooks slightly ahead Goodwin but they're pretty much a wash in my eyes. Kittle is better than Higbee. Kupp is a good slot/3rd WR but everyone would have taken Taylor over him before the season started. Gurley is really what makes their offense so hard to defend but even when he's quiet like tonight, their offense is still efficient and dangerous. It's like they're prepared for whatever defenses throw at them, in any situation. That's excellent coaching more than anything.

Edited by 757-NINER

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'm not taking Woods over Garcon

I don't know why you wouldn't. They are very similar players except Woods is younger and has some downfield ability still and at this point, I'd argue he may have better hands. He's basically what Garcon was circa 2014-2016. 

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I'd put Cooks slightly ahead Goodwin but they're pretty much a wash in my eyes.

I honestly have no idea how you can think that, and I'd say you are probably in the very small minority in that, but if that's the way you see it, even though I have no idea how you can, more power to you. I'd be curious to what non 49er fans would say if I put this up in the comparison forum. I'd venture to guess that it's close to 90% in favor of Cooks

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Kupp is a good slot/3rd WR but everyone would have taken Taylor over him before the season started

Absolutely not. I wouldn't have, and I'm certain there are others in here that would feel the same, particularly those that were fans of Kupp in the draft. I would have taken Kupp every day all day and twice on sundays. Just way more upside there in my opinion. Taylor is a very niche role player. 

I didn’t play Kupp tonight, so that’s cool. 

What would you guys think about trying to make a move for Amari Cooper? He’s coming off a down season and it seems like I’m always hearing Gruden talk about how they need to get more out of him; perhaps he’s getting frustrated with that? Cooper would be a beast in Shannys offense with his RAC ability and his quickness/ability to get open. Highly unlikely that this would ever happen, but I think it’d be a good move to make on our part.

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Que?

Cooks is better than Goodwin. You could swap Goodwin out for any number of players and I don't think our offense skips a beat. Give us cooks and we are better than when we have Goodwin.  

Woods is better than Garcon at this point. Yeah, he was just a jag in buffalo. Goodwin wasn't even that...maybe its because luminaries such as tyrod and ej Manuel and a broken down Kyle Orton were the quarterbacks. 

Kupp is better than whatever slot receiver you want us to throw out there. 

And yes, at this point, Goff >>> Jimmy. 

Just for good measure, they also have the better left tackle. 

We've got kittle though. They can't match that yet. Sorry, but our roster simply isn't that great, with offensively or defensively right now. 

Disagree. Cooks and Goodwin essentially play the same role. Watkins played that role for them last year and his stat line was rather pedestrian BUT the offense was still crazy. Cooks on this roster doesn't make us any better because you still have the same issues. You now have a #1 WR who is a more polished technician with his routes, slightly slower straight-line but is a little better after-the-catch a maybe more durable. Our offense would still get bogged down by foolish penalties, red-zones woes, missed assignments and suspect O-Line play so it really wouldn't matter. If Goodwin had the luxury of being in a offense with Brees and Brady his first four years in the league, he would be held in high regard as well. He ended up in Buffalo...WR puratory.

I would never rate Woods over Garcon. Garcon on that team, puts up better numbers and is far more efficient. That's just my honest assessment. McVay would have Garcon looking like his Redskins days, no doubt.

Kupp over Taylor is pure hindsight at this point. If I asked that question prior to the start of the season, I doubt very few Niner fans would have taken Kupp over Taylor. That's just reactionary to Taylor's early season struggles so far. Maybe some liked Kupp better but all I heard all off-season is how lethal Jimmy G and Taylor were going to be on 3rd down this year.

Edited by 757-NINER

4 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I didn’t play Kupp tonight, so that’s cool. 

What would you guys think about trying to make a move for Amari Cooper? He’s coming off a down season and it seems like I’m always hearing Gruden talk about how they need to get more out of him; perhaps he’s getting frustrated with that? Cooper would be a beast in Shannys offense with his RAC ability and his quickness/ability to get open. Highly unlikely that this would ever happen, but I think it’d be a good move to make on our part.

Its weird. Whenever I think of Cooper and his struggles now, I just remember this promo photo that went out before the season where Cooper seariously looked like a 280 pound defensive lineman. I mean, he was huge. Have no idea what's going on with him now. Whether its him, or Gruden trying to shoehorn Carr and Cooper into an offense they aren't made for, or whatever. But I can't help it, I always go back to that freaking picture lol.