Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I believe that there will be a trade in place as well when the league season opens.  They are either going to have him dealt before the roster bonus kicks in, or they are going to wait until June when they can spread the hit over the next two seasons. There is no reason to trade him in between those two periods. 

I think if they wait they'll be getting considerably less in terms of value of offers. Not only will they be getting picks, more than likely, the next offseason of no help to them this season but who knows what AB will do still upset at being on their roster at that point. Beyond that other teams in NFL know he's not playing for the Steelers again so the longer they wait the longer they are delaying the inevitable, once teams know you're desperate to now just get something for him I would think they offer less. The more he acts up the more teams are going to be wary of him and offer less I would believe. This is a Steelers team who watched the playoffs from their living rooms, about to lose both AB and Bell in the same offseason, and outside of Watt and maybe Heyward don't have a ton of playmakers on defense. This being an organization who's used to winning with a coach whos seat is getting warmer and warmer. I think they trade him sooner rather than later, get as much value as you can for him before anything happens to that value and try and restock some talent on both sides of the ball. As far as the cap hit goes isn't it offset somewhat by Bell's contract last year or something like that? 

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Rumor was when we traded up for Foster, we were trying hard to move  up for Watt?

I don't know that we were trying to move up to get him. I know that we were very interested in him as a potential trade up or at 34, but I think that was the consideration before Foster started free falling. Once Foster fell down so low, I think he was always the target to get given how high on the board he was. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:35 AM, 49erurtaza said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers make sure they don't trade him to us since AB publicly has made it known he wants to come here. I feel like they will take the best deal to a team that isn't ideal to AB. 

Or trades him to a cellar dweller like Buffalo just to prove a point.

21 hours ago, N4L said:

Any team that trades for him would absolutely ask to speak to him first. You don't want to trade for a malcontent without being assured that he wont continue to be malcontent 

If he wants to be a 49er, he can make sure that he is a 49er. 

I say, give the steelers a third. It will make me feel warm and fuzzy knowing that we traded TO away for a third, then used a third to get AB. Something about that just makes me feel like the universe always works itself out

What? You can't decide where you get traded :)

21 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

What? You can't decide where you get traded :)

If you publicly say you won't play for the team you're about to be traded to, that team simply will withdraw their offer.

Do that 30 times and you're traded to the exact team you want.

Edited by rudyZ
because I think I'm funny.
  • Like 1

It's not as uncommon as you might think. Look at talib, he said he wouldn't show up if we traded for him and that he would only play for wade Phillips and the Rams. Does that mean the Rams lost interest in him? Lol

No one in their right mind would trade for brown if he tells them from the beginning 'I don't want to be here and the only place I'll play is SF' 

• Like 2

Cowboys fired OC Scott Linehan.

This ends his five-year run in Dallas. The Cowboys were initially expected to retain Linehan, but obviously they had a change of heart. "This was not an easy decision because of how highly we regard Scott Linehan as a football coach and as a person," said coach Jason Garrett in a statement Friday. "He is an outstanding football coach, a great friend and we wish him and his family nothing but the absolute best moving forward." Garrett said the decision to part ways was mutual, but in reality, the Cowboys have been looking at outside OC candidates for the past several days. Outside of the always reliable Ezekiel Elliott and a late-season surge from Amari Cooper, the Cowboys' offense was nothing special this year. Ultimately, Dak Prescott should benefit from a more creative play-caller.