Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

That's quite possibly the worst pairing for a SuperBowl I could imagine(sympathy-wise). Uagh.

I don't know that I'll take a rooting interest in it, to be honest. I know I said I had no issue rooting for the Pats if it were them and the Rams, but honestly, I don't care if the Rams win or lose it. If they win, fine, if the Pats win, fine. Just want a great game first and foremost. Really whoever wins is completely inconsequential to the 49ers, so pretty much whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dee can cry himself to sleep on the crazy amount of cash he's going to get this offseason lol. I'm sure he'll be fine. 

That being said...just freaking Brady man. Like, hot damn. On the road at Arrowhead...just doesn't matter. Wasn't a perfect or flawless game, but he just finds ways. GOAT. 

I get so sick and tired of people still saying Joe Montana is the GOAT. Like please, just let it go at this point. Brady is pretty much Jordan status GOAT at this point. And dude will probably make and win two more SBs lol. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I get so sick and tired of people still saying Joe Montana is the GOAT. Like please, just let it go at this point. Brady is pretty much Jordan status GOAT at this point. And dude will probably make and win two more SBs lol. 

Brady has the GOAT resume. Definitely. Greatest player to throw a football or play the position? Don't know about that. The NFL isn't as individual based as the NBA is either. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Brady has the GOAT resume. Definitely. Greatest player to throw a football or play the position? Don't know about that. The NFL isn't as individual based as the NBA is either. 

He has the best combination of numbers, skill set, clutch moments and resume' from any QB period. He's the GOAT. You still have people saying Rodgers is better than him and have for like five or six years, but that's hilarious to me. Rodgers has better arm talent but that doesn't make him the better QB. No one is able to dissect a defense like Brady. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He has the best combination of numbers, skill set, clutch moments and resume' from any QB period. He's the GOAT. You still have people saying Rodgers is better than him and have for like five or six years, but that's hilarious to me. Rodgers has better arm talent but that doesn't make him the better QB. No one is able to dissect a defense like Brady. 

Not a believer in "clutch" personally. It's not something that can really be quantified. But that is a talk for another day. 

In any case, Brady is the best of his era in terms of accomplishments. I'll probably say that much. He's also played on a quality team with HOF coach for his entire career, that knows how to assemble quality staff and players. With a cakewalk division. 

As Brady has said himself, he has been put in a quality situation that a lot of other players could only dream of. There have been so many good players, across different eras of the NFL, that have played the QB position at such a high level. I mean the era card alone erases the GOAT rhetoric to me. 

Only way to see this play out would be to take the greatest quarterbacks of all time, and put them in similar circumstances. Especially with such a team oriented sport where a player only plays one side of a squad. Obviously, that can't be done. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 2

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Doesn't he get a huge bonus if the Patriots win the Super Bowl as well? 

They aren't huge, but yeah, both sides get bonuses. Players share of some amount. Of course, he's on a 7th round rookie contract, so of course that bonus could be huge to him, relatively speaking

14 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This isn't basketball. The 'GOAT' talk in football just ludicrous. There are soooooo many tangible factors that go into a single player's success in football, it's incomparable to any sport. It truly is a team game. Alot of other players roles, skill sets, as well as coaching/scheme figures into way too much of a individuals success or lack thereof. Brady's probably done more with less in terms of his physical gifts, as well as not playing with any notable WRs besides Moss, than anybody I've ever seen. But I could never call him the 'GOAT' of QBs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

This isn't basketball. The 'GOAT' talk in football just ludicrous. There are soooooo many tangible factors that go into a single player's success in football, it's incomparable to any sport. It truly is a team game. Alot of other players roles, skill sets, as well as coaching/scheme figures into way too much of a individuals success or lack thereof. Brady's probably done more with less in terms of his physical gifts, as well as not playing with any notable WRs besides Moss, than anybody I've ever seen. But I could never call him the 'GOAT' of QBs

Good for you. 

Myself and the majority of the world will gladly call him the GOAT of QBs.

• Like 1