Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, that's a wrap for us and AB. 

I mean it's a wrap because we can't take on another guy with a domestic dispute. I don't think any of these details matter. And in this case in terms of domestic disputes, this one really seems a bit questionable. She clearly was on a mission to cause some havoc and didn't want to leave the property but he shouldn't have put his hands on her. Not saying he did, but I suspect he at least tried to move her out of the way so he could shut the door. I highly doubt any charges will come from this and he has cameras at his house so the police could just ask to check them out to see what happened....And maybe they have already. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it's a wrap because we can't take on another guy with a domestic dispute. I don't think any of these details matter. And in this case in terms of domestic disputes, this one really seems a bit questionable. She clearly was on a mission to cause some havoc and didn't want to leave the property but he shouldn't have put his hands on her. Not saying he did, but I suspect he at least tried to move her out of the way so he could shut the door. I highly doubt any charges will come from this and he has cameras at his house so the police could just ask to check them out to see what happened....And maybe they have already. 

Technically, she could have been the one striking him. We didn't have details before this. I think if that were the case, the team may have been more amenable to acquiring him still, even though he technically has a "domestic dispute". I think the devil is absolutely in the details. Obviously, he laid his hands on her in some form or fashion if I'm reading that right, and that detail is incredibly important. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Technically, she could have been the one striking him. We didn't have details before this. I think if that were the case, the team may have been more amenable to acquiring him still, even though he technically has a "domestic dispute". I think the devil is absolutely in the details. Obviously, he laid his hands on her in some form or fashion if I'm reading that right, and that detail is incredibly important. 

I mean sure, but this was leaked for a reason. No charges filed yet leaked? Remember, Foster and his ex had a domestic dispute in October and it wasn't revealed until his arrest in Tampa. 

He could have obviously moved her out of the way. I don't think that is unrealistic to believe. But how he did it is obviously important especially when it comes to charges being pressed against him. Again, highly likely there are cameras at his house so the police could have asked to review them. Not sure if they did or not, but I'm guessing the team that trades for him sure would be interested in seeing what really happened. 

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Absolutely. I didn't care for the idea of using our preciously few draft picks (at least this year) to acquire him. Now, I don't have to worry about it at all. 

I wanted the talent and was okay with a diva, but this is a complete non-starter for me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I'd be ok with that compensation.

As Y2 said, I think the Domestic dispute might make having Brown on the team a non-starter, regardless of the compensation. I just can't see the 49ers going there after Foster right now with this regime. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Sheeesh if all it took was a 6th for AB, I'd totally be on board with that. That's pure wishful thinking though...not gonna happen.

The guys stock is at an all time low right now, it would be better than getting nothing plus then you could control where he goes to.  How much did we get for Foster?

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

As Y2 said, I think the Domestic dispute might make having Brown on the team a non-starter, regardless of the compensation. I just can't see the 49ers going there after Foster right now with this regime. 

I agree, but that is a palatable chance to take imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Sheeesh if all it took was a 6th for AB, I'd totally be on board with that. That's pure wishful thinking though...not gonna happen.

I don't know if that's all that it was going to take, but with the reports that they weren't getting the offers they were expecting, I wouldn't be surprised if the market was much lower than what people were projecting right from the off. I'm wondering if people were targeting him with third and fourth round offers and those were the offers Pitt was getting. With this recent issue, possibly removing interested teams altogether (such as us), maybe it craters his value all together. 

1 minute ago, Ftn49 said:

I agree, but that is a palatable chance to take imo. 

I'd get it from either perspective tbh. If the team gave up a 6 for him, even with the DD, I would get it. If the team doesn't want to be anywhere near the optics of the situation, I would understand that as well. 

Personally, I'd have no issue with it if we still acquired him. I tend to divorce myself from the personal / off the field issues of a player. I understand when teams keep those type of players, and when they avoid them. It really doesn't affect my fandom of the team if they are on the roster, however. There isn't a correlation between me following the 49ers and the sport and me not liking a player personally. 

• Like 2