Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'd get it from either perspective tbh. If the team gave up a 6 for him, even with the DD, I would get it. If the team doesn't want to be anywhere near the optics of the situation, I would understand that as well. 

Personally, I'd have no issue with it if we still acquired him. I tend to divorce myself from the personal / off the field issues of a player. I understand when teams keep those type of players, and when they avoid them. It really doesn't affect my fandom of the team if they are on the roster, however. There isn't a correlation between me following the 49ers and the sport and me not liking a player personally. 

Yeah, I'm the same way.

• Like 1

If we can trade for a hall of fame player in his prime at a position of need for a 6th rounder I would be PUMPED

Even I think it is unlikely though... 

Reading about Brown in the steelers forum, they all think he is doing his best to get cut so he can sign wherever he wants (and sign a new deal in the process that will pay him more than 11M AAV). They insinuated that the 'domestic disturbance' was staged lol 

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

If we can trade for a hall of fame player in his prime at a position of need for a 6th rounder I would be PUMPED

Even I think it is unlikely though... 

Reading about Brown in the steelers forum, they all think he is doing his best to get cut so he can sign wherever he wants (and sign a new deal in the process that will pay him more than 11M AAV). They insinuated that the 'domestic disturbance' was staged lol 

No way he staged that incident. Is he crazy? He knows this will take him off the list for some teams and the league will investigate the issue. And we all know how the league usually deals with any domestic incidents, regardless if the player is innocent or not. 

I just don't get how these players keep getting themselves in immature poisonous relationships that devolve into domestic disputes. Is it just that money amplifies everything? It ups the stakes? It gives the athlete a sense of entitlement, and the woman a sense of public revenge, of either extorting money out of him or dragging his name into the mud? I'd never let a relationship get close to getting to that point. But I'm not rich. And I don't have a relationship, so what do I know...

19 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

I wonder how interested the 49ers are. Sherman and Alford together would be two older corners, but our secondary does need help. Witherspoon does need experience though, and more snaps. 

Another corner should be a guarantee on their shopping list. Spoon needs to be consistent and earn his spot in the starting lineup. And you can't go into the season with a completely untested Moore if you want to make a real run at anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Another corner should be a guarantee on their shopping list. Spoon needs to be consistent and earn his spot in the starting lineup. And you can't go into the season with a completely untested Moore if you want to make a real run at anything. 

Agree completely, a player like Alford would be a great add with his experience in our system and winning experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I just don't get how these players keep getting themselves in immature poisonous relationships that devolve into domestic disputes. Is it just that money amplifies everything? It ups the stakes? It gives the athlete a sense of entitlement, and the woman a sense of public revenge, of either extorting money out of him or dragging his name into the mud? I'd never let a relationship get close to getting to that point. But I'm not rich. And I don't have a relationship, so what do I know...

Shoot I think I know about 3 couples who aren't in some kind of a bad relationship. Relationships are messy when people who have all their stuff together and heads on straight are in them. Find probably a partner of the 90 percent who dont have both of those things and it can be a powder keg waiting to happen. To be honest though it most likely doesnt happen any more often with professional athletes than any normal john or Jane doe it's just more publicised with more people watching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Alford, Bosa/Allen, and a FA pass rusher would be a great offseason. 

Alford, Preston Smith/ZaDarius Smith/Brandon Graham/Shaq Barrett AND Earl Thomas. Ya left one off haha. Add in a WR, LB and OG/C in the draft behind Bosa/Allen and I’m stoked.

Edited by Fureys49ers

44 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Alford, Preston Smith/ZaDarius Smith/Brandon Graham/Shaq Barrett AND Earl Thomas. Ya left one off haha. Add in a WR, LB and OG/C in the draft behind Bosa/Allen and I’m stoked.

Yeah. I'm just hoping for 3 big pieces that could be quality starters for 5 plus years. I was going to add Earl Thomas, but I thought 4 guys would be too much to hope for. 

Although I will say, if we came away from the draft with just one good player, it would be an utter disappointment. Even if that player was a HOF type. This team needs help almost everywhere. 

Edited by PapaShogun
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-06 at 8:40 PM, Ftn49 said:

Shoot I think I know about 3 couples who aren't in some kind of a bad relationship. Relationships are messy when people who have all their stuff together and heads on straight are in them. Find probably a partner of the 90 percent who dont have both of those things and it can be a powder keg waiting to happen. To be honest though it most likely doesnt happen any more often with professional athletes than any normal john or Jane doe it's just more publicised with more people watching.

I know people who are in bad relationships, and those are doomed to fail, but then they can just separate/divorce, and even though there's anger and resentment, the police never has to get involved. There's messy and there's messed up.