Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I know people who are in bad relationships, and those are doomed to fail, but then they can just separate/divorce, and even though there's anger and resentment, the police never has to get involved. There's messy and there's messed up. 

I had a friend of mine who was married to a guy and they were forever calling the cops on the other. Seriously like a couple of times a month they would get into a physical confrontation. And she was just as physically aggressive or more so than her husband. As a matter of fact way more so. They eventually got divorced and then a couple of months later she took her own life. More so probably because her brother who she lived for had done the same thing about the time of her divorce than the divorce itself. Her whole life was intertwined with the police being involved. Some people are just that way. If you haven't been raised in it you cant understand it, I certainly couldn't and we were very close.

Too many people have impulse control problems. Emotions run high, and aggressive reactions win out over thought of morality or consequence. You throw fame and big money into the mix? and the people generate a routine entitlement that they are untouchable.

I won't speak in absolutes specifically to AB, because I wasn't there to witness what happened. I find it curious that he wasn't arrested that day. That this woman was instantly against filling out an affidavit.. and wanted no retaliation on AB. I'm against violence towards women, but there's just not enough here to get me all up in arms about. Frankly, I'm tired of this media driven slop of persecuting and sensationalizing every little event. That's just laughably out of control in this strange new daffodil world of ours. 

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Too many people have impulse control problems. Emotions run high, and aggressive reactions win out over thought of morality or consequence. You throw fame and big money into the mix? and the people generate a routine entitlement that they are untouchable.

I won't speak in absolutes specifically to AB, because I wasn't there to witness what happened. I find it curious that he wasn't arrested that day. That this woman was instantly against filling out an affidavit.. and wanted no retaliation on AB. I'm against violence towards women, but there's just not enough here to get me all up in arms about. Frankly, I'm tired of this media driven slop of persecuting and sensationalizing every little event. That's just laughably out of control in this strange new daffodil world of ours. 

While I think Lynch and Shanny May hesitate or see this and pause slightly I’m not sure it completely takes us out of the running for him, maybe lessens the return the Steelers get now if anything. There does seem to be a growing sense that while a great player, the headache he could possibly bring only increases so that may deter them but I’m not sure there’s enough here to really put out trade/interest smoke. 

More so, couldn’t agree more with what you said @oldman9er in regards to everything else.

NESN's Doug Kyed expects impeding free agent LT Trent Brown to cost too much for the Patriots to re-sign him.

Brown is the No. 1 tackle heading to the open market as a soon-to-be 25-year-old (in April) coming off a strong postseason en route to the Super Bowl. He started all 19 games at left tackle after coming over in a trade from the 49ers last offseason. However, Pro Football Focus graded Brown as one of the worst tackles in the sport Weeks 1-17, finishing 68-of-80 qualified tackles.

28 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

NESN's Doug Kyed expects impeding free agent LT Trent Brown to cost too much for the Patriots to re-sign him.

Brown is the No. 1 tackle heading to the open market as a soon-to-be 25-year-old (in April) coming off a strong postseason en route to the Super Bowl. He started all 19 games at left tackle after coming over in a trade from the 49ers last offseason. However, Pro Football Focus graded Brown as one of the worst tackles in the sport Weeks 1-17, finishing 68-of-80 qualified tackles.

Color me confused. I thought he improved as a Pat!? O.o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If he is the 68th best tackle in the game L-O-L.

• Like 1

Not really NFL, but it can be a related heads-up. 

Week 1 of this new AAF ( American Alliance of Football ) "League" is starting this weekend. 

I have my DVR set for the Legends vs Apollos (whatever) being televised for Saturday night at 7 CT on CBS. https://aaf.com/schedule

Won't knock it too hard till I try it... and hey.. it's football to try and soothe my blue footballs of the offseason. :P 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Not really NFL, but it can be a related heads-up. 

Week 1 of this new AAF ( American Alliance of Football ) "League" is starting this weekend. 

I have my DVR set for the Legends vs Apollos (whatever) being televised for Saturday night at 7 CT on CBS. https://aaf.com/schedule

Won't knock it too hard till I try it... and hey.. it's football to try and soothe my blue footballs of the offseason. :P 

Awesome, I hate the down season of football. At least for other than the draft but you can only look at that stuff so much.

5 hours ago, oldman9er said:

On this point (and not trying to get too political here, or violate forum rules), these DV, Sexual Assault, Rape, cases becomes so high profile that I have a hard time believing juries and judges are making rulings without external influence. I strongly advocate for laws being passed (federal) preventing names of both parties from being released until a verdict has been reached. I'm pretty sure this law in some other countries and it makes way too much sense. Not only does this protect victims from mass victim blaming (which we saw ad nauseam when these things happen), it would also make it easier for people to go forward when they've been abused knowing there will be legally enforced confidentiality.  This would also protect falsely accused people AND take away the incentive for people to levy knowingly false accusations. I personally would want there to be massive fines levied against journalist AND their publications for running stories with names.  The only reason you would be against this (as far as I can tell, so I could be wrong) is that you enjoy the witch hunt and it makes the media a ton of money. 

The Foster trial left a really ditty taste in my mouth. And I kept coming back to what could change in the system. 

• Like 2

Just now, John232 said:

They really are going to play Wynn at LT. Man, kind of surprised. Thought Brown at LT with Wynn at RT..seemed legit. 

Marcus Cannon is super solid.

Belichick does it again. Rents a player for a year, that said player helps him win a SB and he let's him walk in free agency. Oh yeah, he will collect a compensated 3rd rounder for Brown next season. Legend. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Marcus Cannon is super solid.

Belichick does it again. Rents a player for a year, that said player helps him win a SB and he let's him walk in free agency. Oh yeah, he will collect a compensated 3rd rounder for Brown next season. Legend. 

Yeah, and so are Thuney and Mason. Really a rock solid, elite unit across the board. Sum  of their parts kind of elite. Wynn could be absolutely amazing too. 

Yeah, BB is just light years ahead. If I was to ever work as a coach or in a FO, it'd pretty easily be the Pats or 49ers.