Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Not really NFL, but it can be a related heads-up. 

Week 1 of this new AAF ( American Alliance of Football ) "League" is starting this weekend. 

I have my DVR set for the Legends vs Apollos (whatever) being televised for Saturday night at 7 CT on CBS. https://aaf.com/schedule

Won't knock it too hard till I try it... and hey.. it's football to try and soothe my blue footballs of the offseason. :P 

I really like the idea of AAF and its ability to be a feeder league for the NFL. This is a great way for guys who ball out in this league to get a shot in the NFL. Also, there are a TON of ex-49ers in the league.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Not really NFL, but it can be a related heads-up. 

Week 1 of this new AAF ( American Alliance of Football ) "League" is starting this weekend. 

I have my DVR set for the Legends vs Apollos (whatever) being televised for Saturday night at 7 CT on CBS. https://aaf.com/schedule

Won't knock it too hard till I try it... and hey.. it's football to try and soothe my blue footballs of the offseason. :P 

I might take a look. Several names we've seen over the years, on these rosters. Including our former future great corner Keith Reaser!

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I might take a look. Several names we've seen over the years, on these rosters. Including our former future great corner Keith Reaser!

Are you even allowed to?!? Are you even American to be watching the American Alliance League? Pfffff... show me your papers!!!!

:P 

I kid, of course. Love Canadians... just so polite, and you are a FF treasure anyway!  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Are you even allowed to?!? Are you even American to be watching the American Alliance League? Pfffff... show me your papers!!!!

:P 

I kid, of course. Love Canadians... just so polite, and you are a FF treasure anyway!  :) 

Little known fact, the real name of Canada is actually "The Enchanted Land of Canadia of America". Therefore, we're as american as the people of the United States of America. A little more so, even, because the land was consecrated in 1775 with faery dust and all.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:21 PM, NinerNation21 said:

I really like the idea of AAF and its ability to be a feeder league for the NFL. This is a great way for guys who ball out in this league to get a shot in the NFL. Also, there are a TON of ex-49ers in the league.

I like having the second league in general if the focus is in the right place - more intelligent rules, more fun, games during non-football season. The USFL was a lot of fun - pioneering no huddle offenses and Steve Spurrierness and such - until a certain scorned not-NFL owner ruined it. 

Edited by JIllg
dummy typo

32 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Already had Chubb/Johnson, but not surprising considering who the GM is.

Will definitely be facing a six game suspension right?

Yeah, for sure. 

It does set up for him to make more money though as he will be an RFA the following year. Pretty incredible that he's going to get busted for hitting a woman, and likely ends up making more money out of it. 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/peyton-manning-play-small-role-helping-patriots-beat-rams-165047819.html

Interesting (short) read about the Rams pats with some very real 49ers connections 

Good to see the media finally getting behind the idea mcvay is part of Kyle's coaching tree 

That's a very good read. Forgot that Hoyer was on the Pats roster. His intimate knowledge of the scheme definitely had a impact on how prepared that Pats D look against that offense.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

That's a very good read. Forgot that Hoyer was on the Pats roster. His intimate knowledge of the scheme definitely had a impact on how prepared that Pats D look against that offense.

Yeah, the fact he knew the rams offense, having never played under McVay, is all the proof I need to put McVay in the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree. 

Its also further proof that you don't want to be on hard knocks:

"he watched the Amazon series “All or Nothing” which focused primarily on the last days of Jeff Fisher’s tenure with the organization but included McVay’s first organized team activities from his first months with the Rams"

Hoyer went back and watched practice footage from 2 years ago of when McVay was first hired and saw that the terminology etc was the same as stuff he learned from Kyle. @Ftn49

Its all just Shanahanigans 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1