Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

6 hours ago, N4L said:

Yeah, the fact he knew the rams offense, having never played under McVay, is all the proof I need to put McVay in the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree. 

Its also further proof that you don't want to be on hard knocks:

"he watched the Amazon series “All or Nothing” which focused primarily on the last days of Jeff Fisher’s tenure with the organization but included McVay’s first organized team activities from his first months with the Rams"

Hoyer went back and watched practice footage from 2 years ago of when McVay was first hired and saw that the terminology etc was the same as stuff he learned from Kyle. @Ftn49

Its all just Shanahanigans 

So what if he knew the verbiage of the offense? Everyone in the nfl uses very similar terminology. He wasnt in on the calls and couldnt tell the defense what the play was. Cleveland was closer to being in the playoffs than they have been in what? Close to 20 years? After being on hard knocks this preseason. And the rams have won 24 games since being on the Amazon series. I dont believe for one second that hoyer gleaned one thing of significance from it. I guarantee that every team that has played them in the past two years has watched it.

Again, I get why coaches dont want to do it, it's just another thing they have to deal with when not everyone else has to. But as a fan, I want to see it and dont buy that it gives anyone a competitive advantage that we would play.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Just saw this too, if he was ONE of the edge guys added in FA I wouldn’t be upset. Would come very cheap and if we added another edge in FA and the draft, Bosa or Allen, I feel like we’d have done enough at those spots, LEO, SAM, DE on passing downs, to satisfy our need.

Another thought is look to trade Armstead and a pick to the Bucs who are transitioning to a 3-4 and could use some DL who fit that scheme for JPP who’s an interesting fit in the 3-4. Two years remaining on his contract at 13 and 11 mil hits ain’t bad at all. They could just flat out release him with zero cap hit but I’m fairly certain they’d want to get something in return. Not sure what that pick would look like though, don’t think I’d be willing to part with anything higher than our 3rd this year.

Ive also read a couple times now the Texans may just let Clowney walk as he’s never produced like the sack monster they thought he’d be and get a 3rd rounder comp for him in return. 

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Another thought is look to trade Armstead and a pick to the Bucs who are transitioning to a 3-4 and could use some DL who fit that scheme for JPP who’s an interesting fit in the 3-4. Two years remaining on his contract at 13 and 11 mil hits ain’t bad at all. They could just flat out release him with zero cap hit but I’m fairly certain they’d want to get something in return. Not sure what that pick would look like though, don’t think I’d be willing to part with anything higher than our 3rd this year.

i'm actually thinking about offering an Armstead / JPP swap in the TCMD for that reason. Pretty funny you mentioned that. 

6 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Just saw this too, if he was ONE of the edge guys added in FA I wouldn’t be upset. Would come very cheap and if we added another edge in FA and the draft, Bosa or Allen, I feel like we’d have done enough at those spots, LEO, SAM, DE on passing downs, to satisfy our need.

Ive also read a couple times now the Texans may just let Clowney walk as he’s never produced like the sack monster they thought he’d be and get a 3rd rounder comp for him in return. 

Kinda ironic how JPP was traded from NYG because they were going to the 3-4 only to be in the same situation a 2 years later but yeah I wouldn't mind JPP. 

Come to us Clowney, come play in a 4-3.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Kinda ironic how JPP was traded from NYG because they were going to the 3-4 only to be in the same situation a 2 years later but yeah I wouldn't mind JPP. 

Come to us Clowney, come play in a 4-3.

This I would not mind at all. I think it could light a fire under the guy and we could see him like he never was/or should have been in Houston.

• Like 1