Jump to content
y2lamanaki

Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

Recommended Posts

Just now, N4L said:

should have happened last year prior to his injury

 

Was thinking the same thing. Even advocated for it I'm pretty sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

This I would not mind at all. I think it could light a fire under the guy and we could see him like he never was/or should have been in Houston.

I always thought scheme wise Houston was better off picking Mack, leaving Oakland to pick Clowney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noooo!!!!! Texans or Cowboys will get his services by the look of things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Noooo!!!!! Texans or Cowboys will get his services by the look of things. 

 

On to Amos! 

Maybe trade for Reshad Jones? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austin is probably the last city in Texas I would choose....San Antonio is probably my first. But I'll stay near Tulsey-Town, thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Forge said:

 

On to Amos! 

Maybe trade for Reshad Jones? 

Amos is more of a SS for this scheme IMO. He can and has played both and I do like him but I feel as though we need more of a centerfielder type with great range and ball skills to really catapult the secondary. Im leaning more to either Mathieu or HaHa at this point. Neither guy is perfect but I think what they do well is what our back-end needs. I always thought Thomas was a pipe dream...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Amos is more of a SS for this scheme IMO. He can and has played both and I do like him but I feel as though we need more of a centerfielder type with great range and ball skills to really catapult the secondary. Im leaning more to either Mathieu or HaHa at this point. Neither guy is perfect but I think what they do well is what our back-end needs. I always thought Thomas was a pipe dream...

My biggest concern with Amos would be that he's no longer paired up with Eddie Jackson. I think that is huge for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Forge said:

 

On to Amos! 

Maybe trade for Reshad Jones? 

Yes, Amos, please. He has no real limitations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Forge said:

My biggest concern with Amos would be that he's no longer paired up with Eddie Jackson. I think that is huge for him. 

Well because Jackson is more of that rangy, centerfielder type that I was talking about. It seems like their secondary really took off with Jackson's emergence and moving Amos to SS. Though in Fangio's system, the safeties are interchangeable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well because Jackson is more of that rangy, centerfielder type that I was talking about. It seems like their secondary really took off with Jackson's emergence and moving Amos to SS. Though in Fangio's system, the safeties are interchangeable...

Jackson transformed that D with his play and makes everything easier for the rest of that secondary. He is the type of guy we need and i am pretty sure that adding Amos would really end up being a disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well because Jackson is more of that rangy, centerfielder type that I was talking about. It seems like their secondary really took off with Jackson's emergence and moving Amos to SS. Though in Fangio's system, the safeties are interchangeable...

That’s where my concern somewhat is limited with Amos’ ability to play FS for us. In Fangio’s schemes his S are interchangeable and Jackson really only came into what he is this year, Amos has been a solid, quality starter for atleast two years now in his own right. Teams weren’t avoiding Jackson only throwing to Amos’ “guys”. He’s not playing CB opposite some shut down type of guy. He showed for two years now he can make plays in both the run and pass game all on his own. Being 26, he would be a quality piece of the puzzle for a while as well. Not a bad consolation prize in my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

That’s where my concern somewhat is limited with Amos’ ability to play FS for us. In Fangio’s schemes his S are interchangeable and Jackson really only came into what he is this year, Amos has been a solid, quality starter for atleast two years now in his own right. Teams weren’t avoiding Jackson only throwing to Amos’ “guys”. He’s not playing CB opposite some shut down type of guy. He showed for two years now he can make plays in both the run and pass game all on his own. Being 26, he would be a quality piece of the puzzle for a while as well. Not a bad consolation prize in my mind. 

My concern is does he have the range to consistently, get from hash to hash as the single high FS. He has played FS yes, but their D was a mess back then and he wasn't asked to play that much Cover 1. In a scheme like ours, he would be isolated alot and I still have concerns if he could hack it covering the deep third, down after down. The thing about Fangio scheme is that his safeties don't necessarily have to be rangy to be effective. As long as their athletic, smart, and disciplined, you can play at pretty high level with as much combo coverages and pattern-matching zone as he runs. Jackson being that fast and rangy type, I think he could excel in most any system. But Amos I'm not as certain. This scheme requires a little more range/speed from the FS position for it to be as effective as we would like. Just from watching him play over these last few years, I kinda always looked at him as more of a hybrid FS/SS than a true FS. This defense needs and requires a true centerfielder-type@FS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Noooo!!!!! Texans or Cowboys will get his services by the look of things. 

This confuses me .. its February, and they just enrolled their kids in school? They moved their kids mid semester unnecessarily? And in a city without an NFL team? 

Strange. How far is Austin from houston/Dallas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N4L said:

This confuses me .. its February, and they just enrolled their kids in school? They moved their kids mid semester unnecessarily? And in a city without an NFL team? 

Strange. How far is Austin from houston/Dallas? 

3 hour drive 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×