Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Now it's my turn to ask "What am I not seeing?"... Inquiring minds like mine want to know! 

Giants fans weren't happy that Jay said Odell being traded was his bold prediction for the off season. So he had this explicit tweet post calling fans out for coming at him and his family.

• Like 1

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Nick Foles and the Jaguars have "mutual interest."

Surprisingly few teams enter this offseason with a real need at quarterback, and one of those, the Broncos, seemingly made their move by trading for Joe Flacco on Wednesday. That leaves the Jaguars as the best and most likely landing spot for the former Super Bowl MVP. Jacksonville does not have any cap space right now, but they can create room with a few expected cuts.

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Nick Foles and the Jaguars have "mutual interest."

Surprisingly few teams enter this offseason with a real need at quarterback, and one of those, the Broncos, seemingly made their move by trading for Joe Flacco on Wednesday. That leaves the Jaguars as the best and most likely landing spot for the former Super Bowl MVP. Jacksonville does not have any cap space right now, but they can create room with a few expected cuts.

Forgot to say if this happens then Jags probably won't be moving up in the draft then.

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I hope there is success for both Foles and Jax. I like the Jags. Been to Jax a couple of times (my wife grew up just outside Jacksonville). Loved watching Brunell there decades ago. 

Same. And in each division, I have a team favorite. Jax is mine for the AFCS, and I'm good with Foles. 

• Like 1

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Bengals have requested an interview with Saints secondary coach Aaron Glenn for their vacated defensive-coordinator role.

Glenn is reportedly next in line after the Bengals were spurned by Dom Capers, Jack Del Rio and Todd Grantham (among others) trying to fill their vacant DC role. Ex-Falcons DC Marquand Manuel, Texas A&M DC Mike Elko, and Rams DBs coach Aubrey Pleasant have also been linked to Cincinnati. The longest-running offseason comedy will continue until someone finally agrees to coach 2018's historically-awful unit.

I can’t tell which franchise is more embarrassing right now, the raiders inability to find a home after shipping out all of their young talent with 9 more years of Gruden calling the shots or the Bengals who can’t put a coaching staff together because even NFL heads are like “who?” When they hear who their HC will be knowing that there tenure in Cincy will be tied to him.

Dont get me wrong, we’ve been bad, really bad with coaches and coordinators but I’m not sure people straight up told us to get lost nor do I think we shipped off young talent and then complained we don’t have difference makers at those positions anymore.

Edited by Fureys49ers

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I can’t tell which franchise is more embarrassing right now, the raiders inability to find a home after shipping out all of their young talent with 9 more years of Gruden calling the shots or the Bengals who can’t put a coaching staff together because even NFL heads are like “who?” When they hear who their HC will be knowing that there tenure in Cincy will be tied to him.

Dont get me wrong, we’ve been bad, really bad with coaches and coordinators but I’m not sure people straight up told us to get lost nor do I think we shipped off young talent and then complained we don’t have difference makers at those positions anymore.

We had that problem a bit with Tomsula. We basically ended up hiring Chryst as the OC by default. I remember Chud telling us no. Vrabel told us no for the DC position under Kelly. Those were some pretty dark times. In honesty, the fact that Tomsula put together the staff he did was quite impressive outside of Chryst. 

• Like 2

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is

Was a fear that a lot of people had when this mess all started about whether he would pull this, but nothing to support it. I chose to wait until something came out about it, and now there you have it. 

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there it is

Was a fear that a lot of people had when this mess all started about whether he would pull this, but nothing to support it. I chose to wait until something came out about it, and now there you have it. 

Yeah, I called it as well. It makes sense considering a big chunk of his compensation was a large signing bonus, that his new team would not have paid, meaning they would be more likely to rework his deal than the Steelers would have been.

Thats part of the problem with huge signing bonuses. Psychologically, getting paid 11m for brown doesn't feel the same as his aav figure does for the Steelers.

We just cleared 9 million in cap space today. We have 74 million dollars to spend this off-season. I could not think of a better way to spend it than on Antonio brown. 

Giving him 22 million dollars (double his base salary) would still mean we have 52 million dollars to spend lol 

If anything, his high contact demands will only further lower the market rate to acquire his services and create a 'barrier of entry'. This simultaneously makes the Steelers less likely to trade him and the niners to be one of the destinations he gets traded to (if they do trade him, which I think they won't have a choice) 

Personally, I'd rather pay him more money and give the Steelers a lower draft pick. We cleared out some bad contacts today, the guys we signed last year (richburg, McKinnon) can be cut next off-season for similar cap savings. 

As long as we have paraag, I am not going to worry about the cap. 

It also feels great knowing we have a good QB who can satisfy an elite WR.

The colts have 100 million dollars in cap space, and brown would be a great on the field fit for them. I don't think they will actively pursue brown simply because of what I know about their HC and GM. With 100 million dollars in cap space and a top flight QB, they can just buy any free agent they want this off-season. 

Edited by N4L