Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

8 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

What would Cooper's value even be? 

My gut says they would want a second, which is too high for me. Cost is probably the deciding factor for me to make any deal for Cooper because I just don't love him. 

33 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I mean hands were his only (but a big) issue, still weird how McDonald has turned into such a go to guy in Pittsburgh.

It's annoying. Its not like they are using him differently or anything. 

Looks like the Giants and the Raiders will be looking to draft a QB early. I don't think Carr is going to be around next year. Then again, it's Gruden. Hard to see him using first rounder on a quarterback based on his history. Maybe he tries to get a veteran. 

Edited by PapaShogun

20 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Looks like the Giants and the Raiders will be looking to draft a QB early. I don't think Carr is going to be around next year. Then again, it's Gruden. Hard to see him using first rounder on a quarterback based on his history. Maybe he tries to get a veteran. 

Yeah, I feel like Teddy B could be that guy for Gruden. I know that the Saints had designs on probably keeping Teddy B as the heir after Brees, but I'm certainly not convinced Brees is going anywhere at this point while he's still playing at a high level. If he doesn't retire, there's no shot that he's back with them next year. He seems ideal for what Gruden would want - very good intermediate and short accuracy, WCO type quarterback. He's also a veteran and this would allow for the Raiders to still use their first pick on someone like Nick Bosa to create a pass rush. 

I had joked a few weeks ago about Carr getting traded just because the contract could be moved,  but can absolutely see it now and  I think it's more and more likely. I'm giving it a 50/50 shot. The contract is easily tradeable on both ends - his base salaries are really low for a starting quarterback (19 mil for the next few years), and he has limited dead money, so there's no real damage to the Raiders. Bridgewater can probably be had for a Mike Glennon type deal from last year. The giants have some talent on the roster outside of quarterback and offensive line, so it makes a lot of sense for them to grab a quarterback and try to fix the line and be immediately competitive (which they may not be if they have to draft a rookie quarterback). 

The Giants can then use their first round pick on something other than a quarterback - perhaps even trade down (I don't know that there is an offensive lineman worth a top three pick) for someone who may want Bosa (if they have the first pick) or Oliver or someone else (if they end up at 2-4) and recoop some of that draft capital they give up for Carr. It's just such a logical scenario in my opinion that both of these teams should be on the phone about it already. 

5 hours ago, N4L said:

Trent brown looked very good tonight.. how that guy was a 7th round pick I will never understand. 

Scouts probably thought he was too thick and plodding to ever be useful outside. While he may very well be both thick and plodding, he's still a large mountain to try and get around. That, and the refs typically won't flag NE lineman cuz League must prop up BB and Tommy long as possible. 

• Like 1