Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

30 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Because our team struggles against mobile QBs and Lamar is playing above Vick's level right now. 

LJax doesn't play the same way Wilson/Murray do. Clearly they can all run but different styles IMO. Either way those "struggles" haven't been as bad as some think. 1st Arz gm 2/8 on 3rd downs and 357 total yards 25 pts...that includes a stat stuffing 88 yrd td on their last drive. Seattle gm was our worst gm stat wise...7/15 3rd downs 336 yrds given up with 27 pts. Remember Jimmy was directly responsible for 7 and set them up for 14 on 2 other turnovers. And 2nd Arz gm...3/10 on 3rd downs 266 yrds 26 pts. 

As long as our offense doesn't turn the ball over...they should give us a chance to win the gm.

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Rain or weather bad is always the great equalizer. I'd rather play in those conditions against Baltimore. 

I'm glad someone is in this boat with me. I really thought I must have been off my rocker

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Why? I don't get fans being sacred of him. This team has yet to give u a reason to doubt them. Yet I've seen fans put more weight in what the Ravens have done vs other teams than what they see every wk with this team. It'll be 2 great teams playing each other. Some one has to lose...even if it is us it's not the end of the world. Honestly besides wanting my team to win every gm...i could care less about this one. Saints and Seattle gm Way more important. The Ravens gms if for the talking heads on who the best reg season team is. Give me that home field advantage in the playoffs.

They are playing like a machine right now, I will absolutely give them that. 

I think that they are the best team in the AFC for sure, maybe the NFL. I think we have a claim (along with NO, though I think at this very specific point in time, I'd have us better) as the best team in the NFC. I think next week's winner crowns the current, and completely irrelevant, "best team in the NFL right now". 

As for the bolded, that is absolutely, 100% no doubt about it accurate. 

5 hours ago, straighthate said:

Perfect time to play the Ravens. Everyone (including themselves) thinks they’re the best team in the NFL. Niners have nothing to lose. A loss, and yeah it’s the in fire Ravens. Win, and wow, Niners are Gods. 

All true except the last part. If we win, it's because the Ravens played on a short week and Jackson is limited throwing the ball. Or it's the ****ing rain that helped us win. Or whatever the excuse they come up with to down play what this team has done and has continued to do.

I don't care what other people say about this team tbh, just throwing that out there. 

I've been saying since week 5 that this team has lost so much that they understand the value of a win and that it doesn't matter what other people say/think about them. Seems like we get stronger the more wins we stack. 

Kyle said it in his post game "it would have been easy to get complacent and to lose focus, but these guys continue to stay locked in and don't focus on what we have done so far, but rather with every win we get excited for how far we can go" (or something like that). So true. We keep getting better and better. 

I have faith in this team. I've believed we are a playoff team since April. One game isn't going to change anything for me at this point. Win or lose. 

IF we do play Baltimore twice this year, then I'm glad we will have gotten to face Jackson in person once before it's in a winner take all scenario. You can't simulate what he does and there is no replacement for experience

1 hour ago, N4L said:

All true except the last part. If we win, it's because the Ravens played on a short week and Jackson is limited throwing the ball. Or it's the ****ing rain that helped us win. Or whatever the excuse they come up with to down play what this team has done and has continued to do.

I don't care what other people say about this team tbh, just throwing that out there. 

I've been saying since week 5 that this team has lost so much that they understand the value of a win and that it doesn't matter what other people say/think about them. Seems like we get stronger the more wins we stack. 

Kyle said it in his post game "it would have been easy to get complacent and to lose focus, but these guys continue to stay locked in and don't focus on what we have done so far, but rather with every win we get excited for how far we can go" (or something like that). So true. We keep getting better and better. 

I have faith in this team. I've believed we are a playoff team since April. One game isn't going to change anything for me at this point. Win or lose. 

IF we do play Baltimore twice this year, then I'm glad we will have gotten to face Jackson in person once before it's in a winner take all scenario. You can't simulate what he does and there is no replacement for experience

All that being said, its just a bad match up for us. With all the trouble Murray gave us, Jackson is Murray on steroids if you will. We're a middle of the pack run defense. It's the one area the defense hasn't excelled. The Ravens are a EXCELLENT running offense. We have to hope the offense can keep pace because I think the defense will give up its fair share of plays. I've been calling this game a loss for awhile now. And its not that I don't believe in our team. But styles make fights and this is just not a the type of offense we're setup to do well against. We're capable of beating them. We're capable of beating anyone. But early start time, on the east coast and bad weather....which actually favors them honestly. Just not a recipe for a win. Definitely hope they prove me wrong.

If we can go out to B-More and pull out a win, that will cement in my mind that we are the best team in the league and definitive SB favorites. There would be no question in my mind, regardless what happened the rest of the year.

31 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

If we can go out to B-More and pull out a win, that will cement in my mind that we are the best team in the league and definitive SB favorites. There would be no question in my mind, regardless what happened the rest of the year.

Nope. It will be now the 49ers have to go play Super Bowl level QB Drew Brees with the best wr in the NFL and one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL. In a building not many teams win in. Lol it won't stop no matter the outcome. And even if we go undefeated in all 3 gms and everyone crowns us reg season champs. Guess what we still prob will have to beat Seattle to win our div...lol NFL Gods were not kind to us at the end of this season. This team will be battle tested when the real fun start in Jan. Enjoy the ride fellas. 

8 hours ago, sherm said:

Why? I don't get fans being sacred of him. This team has yet to give u a reason to doubt them. Yet I've seen fans put more weight in what the Ravens have done vs other teams than what they see every wk with this team. It'll be 2 great teams playing each other. Some one has to lose...even if it is us it's not the end of the world. Honestly besides wanting my team to win every gm...i could care less about this one. Saints and Seattle gm Way more important. The Ravens gms if for the talking heads on who the best reg season team is. Give me that home field advantage in the playoffs.

Yeah, I want all wins, but I care less about the Ravens game than the Saints and Hawks to follow. I'd rather us lose in Baltimore than lose one of our top guys to injury on a slop field. Aside from that, our O just doesn't function well in crap weather, as we all have seen. The RBs struggle to one cut their lanes, and the receivers (a hobbling Kittle, eeeesh but no) would struggle to be where expected. Of course, opponent has similar woes. If it's a slug fest in slop weather, I'm glad we at least have DJ Jones back to help neutralize the Ingram train. 

All things equal, I'd rather play every opponent in fair weather. Healthy, we have the talent and coaching to win against anyone. I hope they are devising ways to confuse young Lamar J. We get a couple of big mistakes from him, play our game right, and we can slap the hype out of their mouths for a week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherm said:

Nope. It will be now the 49ers have to go play Super Bowl level QB Drew Brees with the best wr in the NFL and one of the best offensive weapons in the NFL. In a building not many teams win in. Lol it won't stop no matter the outcome.

Im saying for me personally. I could two ****s what anybody else has to say or their opinion...

Edited by 757-NINER

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I could two ****s

definitely this, lol

... but will just say that I find it interesting.. almost amusing.. to watch the talk at times. The craze for Lamar has just gone so over the top this week. Seems clear that the Mahomes/Watson/Brady magic has taken a cooldown dip, so the League has issued down a command to pump up the AFC razzle dazzle on Lamar. 

The Hype Machine is REAL.... and quite fickle... but the League needs it. 

5 hours ago, oldman9er said:

definitely this, lol

... but will just say that I find it interesting.. almost amusing.. to watch the talk at times. The craze for Lamar has just gone so over the top this week. Seems clear that the Mahomes/Watson/Brady magic has taken a cooldown dip, so the League has issued down a command to pump up the AFC razzle dazzle on Lamar. 

The Hype Machine is REAL.... and quite fickle... but the League needs it. 

Its the nature of sports. Lamar is on a tear so he's the talk of the league. 

Same as Mahomes was last year. I don't mind it...that's what the media does.

They need talking points to drive a certain narrative home. Whatever helps ratings I guess...

Doesn't help you win games though. Perception and hype doesn't play on the field so at the end of the day it all has to be proven and solidified on the field. So far, we've done that and so have the Ravens. Weather withstanding, it should be a helluva game.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, y2lamanaki said:

This one should actually be let's go Packers. We hold the best tiebreaker (head to head) over them, so it's better for us if they win the NFC North. One of the Vikings losses is to an AFC team and there's no head to head possibility, so we might not win a tiebreaker over them should one be needed.

Good call. So just the Falcons on TNF & Vikings on MNF 

When your favourite team is doing really good, it makes it a lot less stressful watching other teams. Nice to not have to root against like 8 teams for us to make the playoffs, just 2 matchups, and neither of them are on Sunday either so that should be a relatively stress free day (outside of watching the Niners of course)

Also, i'll throw in Chargers over Broncos...just to make our 5th round pick higher!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Its the nature of sports. Lamar is on a tear so he's the talk of the league. 

Same as Mahomes was last year. I don't mind it...that's what the media does.

They need talking points to drive a certain narrative home. Whatever helps ratings as guess...

Doesn't help you win games though. Perception and hype doesn't play on the field so at the end of the day it all has to be proven and solidified on the field. So far, we've done that and so have the Ravens. Weather withstanding, it should be a helluva game.

Yup you nailed it!!!!  Last year is was Mahomes they anointed and now they pushed him aside for Jackson. 

The year the Panthers went 15-1 it was all about Cam etc. We saw how that turned out. 

The media narratives are just annoying. Jackson, Watson, Wilson are gods

Jimmy is not that good. I mean Wentz and Goff better be getting similar treatment then.

If they lose to Baltimore is that they end of the world? I mean hypothetical what if they face Balti in the SB? I rather have them win that game?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 49ers2015 said:

Yup you nailed it!!!!  Last year is was Mahomes they anointed and now they pushed him aside for Jackson. 

The year the Panthers went 15-1 it was all about Cam etc. We saw how that turned out. 

The media narratives are just annoying. Jackson, Watson, Wilson are gods

Jimmy is not that good. I mean Wentz and Goff better be getting similar treatment then.

If they lose to Baltimore is that they end of the world? I mean hypothetical what if they face Balti in the SB? I rather have them win that game?

All due respect to Balt and Lamar Jackson but what happens if the weather isn't perfect? or they play a team *soon* that can rush and stop the run? what happens if the zone reads start getting sniffed out? Balt's secondary is better than their front seven. They don't really have an alpha male pass rusher, Judoh is solid but who else is there?

• Like 1