Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Buccaneers offense is just so damn explosive, my goodness. Not sure how you stop them. Play man and they will beat you, play zone and they will beat you. Blitz them and they will beat you deep. Just missing a rushing game or else they may put up 40+ a game lol. 

Imagine if we had their weapons.

27 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Would honestly the best case scenario altough very unlikely after seeing how he looked in preseason.

Of course it is unlikely, but hopefully he looks better than he did in preseason. IIRC, Kaepernick looked pretty bad in 2012 in the preseason but then lit it up in the regular season. So there is a chance! Lol 

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course it is unlikely, but hopefully he looks better than he did in preseason. IIRC, Kaepernick looked pretty bad in 2012 in the preseason but then lit it up in the regular season. So there is a chance! Lol 

Yeah that TD pass that got called back was a beauty to be fair. Lets hope CJ shows some progression from last year.

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Panthers have signed Eric Reid. Good for him and them. Bit of a shame he wasn't resigned here.

Really hate we didn't re-sign him. Our safety play has been less than ideal in the first three weeks.

Anyways, after Jimmy G's injury, I needed another team to root for that has some what of a chance to do some damage in the playoffs. That team will be the Panthers now. Going to be rooting for them.

reid.0.0.gif

3 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Seems like the Niners actually tried to sign him

Should have just given him that type of deal in the offseason. But I think Reid only signed a one year deal with the Panthers so he can still return after year's end I guess.

But our defense has been so undisciplined in the first three weeks. Definitely could use Reid's play and leadership. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Should have just given him that type of deal in the offseason. But I think Reid only signed a one year deal with the Panthers so he can still return after year's end I guess.

But our defense has been so undisciplined in the first three weeks. Definitely could use Reid's play and leadership. 

I think we went for upside over the known quantity that Reid is. Colbert looked promising, but he hasn't shown he's taken the next step. Tartt is great when he plays, but he's always injured. I think we went with these two out of optimism. But realistically, Reid would be a starter on this team, no doubt. He could play both positions. Play Colbert's spot when Tartt is healthy (with Colbert coming in in certain packages). Then he'd slide over whenever Tartt is injured (which is often). I wouldn't even "insult" him by asking him to play LB, this time around. He'd start over Colbert until Colbert shows to be clearly better. But, too bad that didn't happen. And I can understand why we didn't try to harder to sign him. I can understand the optimism. 

Best of luck to Reid in Carolina. I have no doubt he'll play well.

22 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I think we went for upside over the known quantity that Reid is. Colbert looked promising, but he hasn't shown he's taken the next step. Tartt is great when he plays, but he's always injured. I think we went with these two out of optimism. But realistically, Reid would be a starter on this team, no doubt. He could play both positions. Play Colbert's spot when Tartt is healthy (with Colbert coming in in certain packages). Then he'd slide over whenever Tartt is injured (which is often). I wouldn't even "insult" him by asking him to play LB, this time around. He'd start over Colbert until Colbert shows to be clearly better. But, too bad that didn't happen. And I can understand why we didn't try to harder to sign him. I can understand the optimism. 

Best of luck to Reid in Carolina. I have no doubt he'll play well.

That is true. And really Colbert has so little playing experience that maybe we should have all seen this coming. I'll give him some time and Tartt just needs to stay healthy, but you can't tell me we would be this undisciplined with Reid on the team. And he was so good at covering opposing TEs last year. Now? We just let every TE run free with no one in sight. Bad times man, bad times. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That is true. And really Colbert has so little playing experience that maybe we should have all seen this coming. I'll give him some time and Tartt just needs to stay healthy, but you can't tell me we would be this undisciplined with Reid on the team. And he was so good at covering opposing TEs last year. Now? We just let every TE run free with no one in sight. Bad times man, bad times. 

I don't know if our management is blind to some of our biggest flaws (i.e. the pass rush and the depth at safety on defense, and the guards and WRs who can get open on offense), or if they're just waiting for better opportunities before making the move they really want. Did we really choose to go with Cassius Marsh at Leo, or were we just not interested in committing to the alternatives? Better be "stuck" with Marsh, without long term repercussion, than going out and sign a guy marginally better that might hinder our ability to better address the situation later on, either through free agency or the draft. Maybe, similarly, they didn't want to commit to Eric Reid, because it hindered our chance to see what we have in Colbert and Tartt, and it's the gamble they were making during this offseason. Because if you sign Reid to a starting money contract, you have to play him, he has to be a piece of your defense. But he perhaps wasn't the right piece for what they wanted. I can understand that logic. But I sometimes wonder if that indeed is the logic, or if they're not a little blinded by their vision of the team in the future. Let's wait and see.

In the meantime...

BEAT HARD! *clap clap*