Around the NFL II - Even NFLier

y2lamanaki

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

You know, there wasn't enough said about the adjustment that Gus Bradley made for the chargers against the Ravens this week. That's an incredible coaching adjustment he made, and quite frankly, it took quite a bit of balls to basically run a base defense that nobody in the league tried this year just to combat the Ravens' run game. It could have gone very badly, of course, but it didn't. Great out of the box thinking by Bradley and an incredible job by their staff to get the team ready for that in just a week

For sure, but it also was easier to do since they are so banged up in their front 7. Having Derwin James definitely made it possible as that man is just a beast no matter what the team asks him to do. Talented talented secondary they have. Not going to lie, I am a bit jealous.......

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I hear you, but that COULD have easily and as likely been called a hold, if the remote inclination arose for crafty (or whatever) intent. 

#leaguefixed?

He did a good job of keeping his hands inside the shoulders for the most part, and not extending them, which I think helps avoid holding calls in some aspects. Nelson does have some holding issues though - he was flagged 6 or 7 times for them this year. 

I was more or less just commenting on the complete obliteration of Clowney by Nelson. Holding or not, goodness Nelson is a bad man LOL

• Like 1

It’s weird watching an IOL actually fall forward after stonewalling a DL. I’m used to watching Richburg get put on skates and the his backside in surprising quickness. Didn’t even know an OL could finish a block like that after watching our guys haha. More and more I’m leaning towards the idea of adding an IOL (OG or C) in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th

Edited by Fureys49ers
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I am intrigued by this pairing, for sure. That being said, I have concerns over what kind of staff that he can assemble. 

Yes he needs to hire a experienced D coordinator. Something similar to what McVay did with Wade Phillips.

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yes he needs to hire a experienced D coordinator. Something similar to what McVay did.

But McVay had been around football almost all of his life and was already in the NFL, so he had connections. I have no idea if KK has any at all. 

Just now, Forge said:

But McVay had been around football almost all of his life and was already in the NFL, so he had connections. I have no idea if KK has any at all. 

Only connections he might have is when he was on the Patriots. So yeah going to be tough putting a good NFL staff together. 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yes he needs to hire a experienced D coordinator. Something similar to what McVay did.

Bowles returns as DC with Klingsbury is what I would put a full court press on if I’m the Cards and do in fact decide to go with Kingsbury. Sell the team and the fans on a young offensive mind with your QBotF with the return of the old successful DC

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

Bowles returns as DC with Klingsbury is what I would put a full court press on if I’m the Cards and do in fact decide to go with Kingsbury. Sell the team and the fans on a young offensive mind with your QBotF with the return of the old successful DC

Not sure if they can get Bowles tho, I expect him to join Arians in Tampa.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Forgot about that. Ok Tampa...I see you kid

Might be beneficial for KK to be a coordinator for a season or two in NFL if he doesn't get a head coaching job. Didn't make sense to me why he took USC job if he wants to end up in the NFL.

Edited by 49erurtaza