Le'Veon Bell Holdout: Reporting to Steelers (Page 10)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Isn't it true that Bell can't be signed to an extension right now due to the franchise tag, or is that just with the Steelers?  I don't know about that rule and how it works, but I swear I saw something on that. 

its true..he's stuck with the tag for this yr

Why would anyone team trade assets for a guy they can't sign to an extension and has proven he cares more about $$ than playing?

Bells just gonna walk in FA unless that team franchises him and we all know how that worked out.

Teams can give him more money on the 1-year tag than the $14.5 mil.  They can't add years.

The reason they would trade for him is guys on the tag can negotiate between the Super Bowl and the start of the new league year.  That's about a 2 month window.  So if you trade for him you are thinking that you have enough cap and sway to sign him long term.  But given the way Bell has raised his price non-stop, I wouldn't want to trade for him if I were a GM.  What's the guarantee that he wouldn't decide to change how much he wants after the season and decide our offer wasn't good enough.  Bell strikes me as wanting to hit FA no matter what to get a big contract.

Archived