Le'Veon Bell Holdout: Reporting to Steelers (Page 10)

RaidersAreOne

@RaidersAreOne you should update the title of the thread again because it's misleading. Sounds like is is going to report this week or that it's immenant at least. 

This isn't quite news until he actually reports, but that is an extremely logical time for him to show up. Get some light practice in, when everyone else is trying to rest and heal in anticipation of a late season push. 

I was very bearish on the Steelers this year. Seems like the Ravens will certainly be in the playoffs this year along with the chiefs, titans and jags. Those four seem like the best teams in the AFC (so far) this year. Bengals Patriots dolphins are probably in the next tier with the chargers and Denver right behind. 

I'm not exactly sure where the Steelers fit in on that spectrum right now, but it's certainly not towards the top. They don't have the feel of a playoff team. Long way to go though :D

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Probably havent been watching Steeler games enough to notice.

They're 28th in the league in rushing.  Reports are Bell is coming back after the Bye Week.  Lets see how they are in rushing yards when Bell comes back.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

They're 28th in the league in rushing.  Reports are Bell is coming back after the Bye Week.  Lets see how they are in rushing yards when Bell comes back.

watch the condensed game and see why they aren't rushing. The OL hasn't blocked well, foster and pouncey in particular.  Gilbert was out for a bit too, and Bell wouldn't have done to much better it at all.  Try running through a wall, lmk how you do

11 hours ago, showtime said:

Box score scouting isnt effective.

We havent ran the ball much because our Oline has been injured and simply not playing well in general.   Conner is getting hit as soon as he touches the ball.

Conner has been very good out of the backfield, both receiving and blocking, and as a runner, hasnt been amazing, but isnt being given much to work with either.

Go look at LeVeon's running stats for a year ago.   Outside of 4 nice games, he wasnt running all that effectively either.   Was it all his fault?  Not at all, but if youre just going to box score scout, it could lead you to an incorrect conclusion of how good he is.

Im not saying Conner is on LeVeon's level, but not having LeVeon is not even close to this teams biggest problem.    Ben's deep accuracy has been horrid, the OLine has been playing mediocre at best in the passing game, and horrid in run blocking, and we have been playing from behind and not establishing the run early, which causes us to largely abandon the run.   And then there's the defense.

Bottom line....Conner has been good.    Not on the level of LeVeon, but he isnt the one holding us back, either.

2 hours ago, Bobikus said:

Yeah, Conner's been probably giving one the better individual efforts on the team.

If foster and pouncey keep playing as they have, I will be starting OL threads again.  It might be time to move on from pouncey and we already know foster will be gone or better be since Finney is better .  

Conner has done everything well, blocking/blitz pick ups, receiving and running when the OL is functional.  I have no complaints other than the OL and then falling behind 21-0 or 14-0 with time left in QTR1 . 

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Let's say he shows up during the bye week.  Do you think the Steelers will pay him for the bye week?

I don't know, the details are probably on the internet, I am more hopeful he gets traded at this stage so they can try to fix the D with personnel .  With our DC, it probably won't matter from what I have noticed with all the communication breakdowns that occur.

56 minutes ago, 3rivers said:
4 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Let's say he shows up during the bye week.  Do you think the Steelers will pay him for the bye week?

I don't know, the details are probably on the internet, I am more hopeful he gets traded at this stage so they can try to fix the D with personnel .  With our DC, it probably won't matter from what I have noticed with all the communication breakdowns that occur.

He will start getting paid when he signs the franchise tag. So if he does that the week starting the bye week, then yeah he will

18 hours ago, JBURGE said:

He will start getting paid when he signs the franchise tag. So if he does that the week starting the bye week, then yeah he will

No, I'm fairly certain that the tag is broken down on a per game basis into game checks, so he wouldn't get anything until the Steelers play a game

Archived