Le'Veon Bell Holdout: Reporting to Steelers (Page 10)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

But I thought he wasn't going to be traded

He probably won't be traded. Any team trading for him can't offer him a contract, so any team trading for him would be stupid to give up anything of value because you're only getting 6 games, at most, of a RB whose only motivation is to not get injured. The Steelers would be smart to just hold onto him and let him walk next offseason, they'll get more from the comp pick that way.

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

He probably won't be traded. Any team trading for him can't offer him a contract, so any team trading for him would be stupid to give up anything of value because you're only getting 6 games, at most, of a RB whose only motivation is to not get injured. The Steelers would be smart to just hold onto him and let him walk next offseason, they'll get more from the comp pick that way.

There is a window between the Super Bowl and the start of the new league year to work something out.

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

If we do get something for what do you think it would be?  I am guessing a 4th rounder.

Or just hold onto him, let him walk, and get a 3rd round comp pick next year. Plus, if the Steelers hold onto him there is the possibility that Bell does suffer an injury and only plays 5 games or less, in which case they can then place the franchise tag on him again for the same amount that he would've been owed this season (and they would certainly then try to trade him and get a 1st+ out of him). 

Just now, warfelg said:

There is a window between the Super Bowl and the start of the new league year to work something out.

Sure, but a smart team isn't trading away premium assets for a small negotiating window with a guy who severely overestimates his own value. You only trade significant assets for a guy like this if you can negotiate a contract extension to be signed once the trade has been completed, which is not possible in this case.

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

Sure, but a smart team isn't trading away premium assets for a small negotiating window with a guy who severely overestimates his own value. You only trade significant assets for a guy like this if you can negotiate a contract extension to be signed once the trade has been completed, which is not possible in this case.

Unless there's a team that either:

1) Is a playoff team with a RB weakness and wants help.

OR

2) It's a team that has cap and wants to sign him but doesn't want to compete with someone.

I tend to agree with you but GM's can be stupid.

13 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Just curious--why not? I think that would be a spectacular move for the Packers. 

I would image it's because

A) he wants to be paid around $15M on a long term deal

B) Even if you're being optimistic you have to imagine you're only getting 2-3 good years of him

Don't think Bell has much trade value. The fact that trading for him means paying him really hurts the value. That being said, smart of Steelers to field offers, might as well get something for him.

7 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I would image it's because

A) he wants to be paid around $15M on a long term deal

B) Even if you're being optimistic you have to imagine you're only getting 2-3 good years of him

I think the Pack has a decent cap situation, though. And even with only 2-3 years, why wouldn't they want to pair him Rodgers? 

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Will be a shame if he leaves pittsburgh. He's iconic in that scheme/those colors/with Ben/AB.

They were quite a trio at one time but were never able to stay healthy, happy etc when the playoffs were here. I am ready to move on,  thats what fans learn to do.  In 2015 and 2016 bell was unreal when healthy, too bad it has turned into this

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I think the Pack has a decent cap situation, though. And even with only 2-3 years, why wouldn't they want to pair him Rodgers? 

GB has around $4M in cap space currently.  GB would need to move some players to gain cap space to fit Bell's franchise tag contract value under the cap.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/

Est. Cap Space:$3,803,352

GB also has a trio of capable RB on rookie contracts.  

I could actually see a team like the Green Bay Packers giving up a first-round pick for lazy on Bell because I believe that a team like this would excite Le'Veon Bell. If you get Le'Veon Bell to the table to negotiate a future contract because in theory you could negotiate all you want you just couldn't sign a new contract. But if you got into the table and he liked what you had to say you're probably going to get a lot more cooperation out of him. Yes I get the situation currently present a possible reduction in price but Le'Veon Bell he is still arguably the best running back in the league and if you believe as a team that this guy can be the difference between winning a Superbowl and not getting there at all then there's a chance you're willing to put forth the risk. Having said that I could also see if it isn't doing very well and really has nothing to lose trading for him

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

He isn’t going to Green Bay. Between Aaron Jones and Williams we have two dirt cheap backs who serve their purpose in our pass heavy offense anyway. Wouldn’t make any sense at all for us. We need edge rushers. 

I agree with that I was just talkin from the perspective of what people were talking about above but Seattle is an interesting team because they have a player on their team that currently wants to traded it would fill a huge need for Pittsburgh

Archived