Le'Veon Bell Holdout: Reporting to Steelers (Page 10)

RaidersAreOne

48 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yup.  Team Green is more important than any other team for him.

RB's have the most wear and tear, so it makes sense that he would want to get paid while he can. He might be out of the league in a few years, thats how I see it now anyways. I never cared for him saying he was going to be here and in the best shape of his life etc, all that hype and he reneged    . Nice poetry btw;)

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Wouldn't give more than a 3rd for him. He's going to demand a huge contract and seeing how well Conner has performed in his stead leads me to believe that Bell is a product of the system and the talent around him.

And he is still a FA at the end of the season unless a team tags him.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean, that's why I said he'll demand a huge contract, I'm making the assumption that he can be resigned if he's dealt.

He can only take more money on the 1 year tag. Can’t add more years until the season is over. 

I really feel as though LeVeon is not going to sign a long term contract with anyone until FA opens. He wants to hit that and get teams bidding. He claims to want $17mil a year and thinks (clearly) that hitting FA will let that happen. I wouldn’t be shocked if he does get traded, whoever trades for him offer close to that, and he says he wants even more. 

Just now, warfelg said:

He can only take more money on the 1 year tag. Can’t add more years until the season is over. 

I really feel as though LeVeon is not going to sign a long term contract with anyone until FA opens. He wants to hit that and get teams bidding. He claims to want $17mil a year and thinks (clearly) that hitting FA will let that happen. I wouldn’t be shocked if he does get traded, whoever trades for him offer close to that, and he says he wants even more. 

Not a chance I'm putting that much money into a RB, maybe even if they had LT's MVP season.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He would have to sign his contract first. Then trust the Steelers to trade him. Then trust the team he gets traded to will pay him after the season is over. All while hoping he doesn't get hurt.

It seems unlikely he goes anywhere.

Very much the hard part. And that fractured relationship of the player/agent and FO/Team is another hard one. If the team trusted him they could tell him to go find a team; and then they could work on a trade. 

Most places are saying if it happens it’s gonna be most likely at the trade deadline. 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Very much the hard part. And that fractured relationship of the player/agent and FO/Team is another hard one. If the team trusted him they could tell him to go find a team; and then they could work on a trade. 

Most places are saying if it happens it’s gonna be most likely at the trade deadline. 

He would be risking money if he's dealt and plays this year. He's wanted the comfort of guaranteed money over the length of a contract. He's dug himself into a hole and there isn't really a way out.

11 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He would be risking money if he's dealt and plays this year. He's wanted the comfort of guaranteed money over the length of a contract. He's dug himself into a hole and there isn't really a way out.

The only way it works for him is if some team trades for him, and agrees to pay him over the $14.5mil for one year. But other than that he’s pretty much stuck. 

If people want to blame the Steelers, now they they are opening to trading him, I think we’re going to start to see the side where Bell has been really screwing the pooch. 

Archived