Dorsey a genius????

Keylargobrownie

He traded for and then gave a huge contract to a freaking slot receiver?

Dude drafted a 6' two time walk on qb #1 overall when there were much better qb prospects available

He passed on Bradley Chubb for a tiny buckeye corner, absolutely ridiculous!!!! 

He takes a guard at the top of the 2nd round when we need a tackle. 

This is where I was at in April, this guy is a moron!!!!! 

I'm sorry John, I was wrong. 3 weeks in Jarvis looks like a stud, Denzel has forced three turnovers in as many games, Baker has only played a half but sure looks like a franchise qb. 

But on top of all that, benching Mayfield was an "organization decision" so I'll take that meaning it was Dorsey. Here is why it was perfect. You take this two time walk on underdog, he's the freaking #1 pick he's no longer the underdog, so how do you keep that chip on his shoulder??? He's told you are the back up, there is no qb competition, in fact....... You aren't even given one rep with the #1s... He once again the underdog with a chip on his shoulder...... brilliant

I was wrong John, this team has GM 

Seems like a judging a book by it's cover sorta issue. Dorsey looks a lil baboonish, so many assumed he was a dolt. Dude is showing he can evaluate with the best of them. It helps to have two stud scouts like Highsmith and Wolf, but he's making the final call on players. 

I can't see how anyone can knock the guy right now. You'd be hard pressed.

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We’ll see.  He took over two great situations and did well with what he was given.  

Let’s see if he can sustain it.

also his gambles have hit this year, so far. 

Harrison looks like a huge steal playing like a 1st round tackle.

Calloway looks good also, if they both bottom out the draft is down to 4-5 impact players, Baker, Denzel, chubb, Corbett and Avery, which is good, but not great with two top 5 picks and all the rest. 

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

To be fair, he inherited Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield thanks to Sashi.

Everything else has been work by himself.

Myles Garret yes, Baker I couldn't disagree more, Sam was the safe play, Allen was the high upside guy. A few days before the draft Baker was a top 10-15 pick. Dorsey saw the "it factor". Taking a 6 footer #1 takes some big balls, the only other 6 footer taken #1 could run a 4.3 and had a rocket arm

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

To be fair, he inherited Myles Garrett and Baker Mayfield thanks to Sashi.

Everything else has been work by himself.

And the ability to select Ward and Chubb.

And his Pro Bowl MLB. And the other two starting LB’s.

And his sure looks like a Pro Bowl DT. 

And the young DE opposite Garrett who is great against the run.

And his two very solid SS.

And the very solid interior of the OL.

And the starting TE. 

And the nickel back/FS That has played well the last two season.

And their most versatile RB.

And the nine figures in cap space.......

The cupboard was hardly bare when it came to talent, draft capital or fiscal flexibility.

2 minutes ago, Keylargobrownie said:

Myles Garret yes, Baker I couldn't disagree more, Sam was the safe play, Allen was the high upside guy. A few days before the draft Baker was a top 10-15 pick. Dorsey saw the "it factor". Taking a 6 footer #1 takes some big balls, the only other 6 footer taken #1 could run a 4.3 and had a rocket arm

The flip side to this is Baker was the analytic darling.

Pretty much every analytic breakdown of the QB’s had Baker one.  Sam wasn’t even top 2 in all of them iirc.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The flip side to this is Baker was the analytic darling.

Pretty much every analytic breakdown of the QB’s had Baker one.  Sam wasn’t even top 2 in all of them iirc.

Oh don't get my wrong, other than Coleman I thought sashi did an amazing job, he got a raw deal, he set everything up for the 2018 draft and wasn't allowed to use it. Oh and you forgot to mention ogunjobi who I think over time will go down as his best pick(Garrett was a no brainier, Larry went 3rd round)

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Let’s see what he does with the HC

I’ll throw this name out there before anybody else:

Eric Bieniemy. He’s the Chiefs OC and he was the running back coach from 2013-2017. He coached a rookie Adrian Peterson and Kareem Hunt. Dorsey knows him and I trust the Andy Reid coaching tree more than any other coaching tree.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll throw this name out there before anybody else:

Eric Bieniemy. He’s the Chiefs OC and he was the running back coach from 2013-2017. He coached a rookie Adrian Peterson and Kareem Hunt. Dorsey knows him and I trust the Andy Reid coaching tree more than any other coaching tree.

That would be a very disappointing hire. I don’t like coaches who just so happen to be there when great players were drafted. I want Dave Toub if we’re going with the Andy Reid tree. 

Archived