Dorsey a genius????

Keylargobrownie

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Yeah why did sashi have all this money? Oh yeah he let Mack, Schwartz, Gipson, and TBen all walk away from the team. So the guys actually worth paying, he didn’t bother with. Let talent walk away cause he was afraid of the franchise tag or throwing contracts around. 

Mack, GOP were out the door before the season finished, Benjiman was over paid for one season of mediocre production. 

It would be nice to have Schwartz he is on a cheap contract.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

Mack, GOP were out the door before the season finished, Benjiman was over paid for one season of mediocre production. 

It would be nice to have Schwartz he is on a cheap contract.

Benjamin didn’t even care to listen to our offer. 

He signed with SD immediately.

Schwartz should have been resigned, but he walked from our offer initially and when he came back (after realizing the Browns had his value pegged correctly) the offer had changed.  He got mad and signed with KC for less IIRC.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Schwartz should have been resigned, but he walked from our offer initially and when he came back (after realizing the Browns had his value pegged correctly) the offer had changed.  He got mad and signed with KC for less IIRC.

No he didn’t get mad and sign with KC, sashi pulled the offer then he signed with KC

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I would of over paid slightly for Schwartz as well, he is average against the tun and decent against the pass.

Here is proof of what will separate John Dorsey from so many of his predecessors.

Five games in - and you can make a legitimate case that the Browns will sweep the Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year Awards. Dorsey appears to have not only hit, but homered, on both his first round picks. His predecessors - not so much.

I remember Dorsey saying in his pre draft pressers was you have to trust your eyes; believe in what they are showing you. I am glad that he had the confidence in his evaluation abilities to switch to Baker late in the scouting process. And I will count myself among those terribly disappointed when the name "Denzel Ward" was announced at pick 4. It was even a "WTF" moment. 

But I never have been so glad to have been so wrong about a player. It may take another off season or two to make this defense elite - but with Dorsey making the picks, I have complete confidence in him.

That is the single biggest reason why we have been the butt of all the NFL jokes for 20 years. When it came to drafting at the top of the draft - we could not hit the water if we fell out of a boat. It is all well and good to unearth role players at the bottom of the draft or as UDFAs. But the franchises that have enjoyed continued success, have consistently hit on their picks at the top of the draft.

Dorsey promised us he would awaken the sleeping giant. He may not be fully awake yet, but he certainly has been poked an is stirring in his bed.

4 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Here is proof of what will separate John Dorsey from so many of his predecessors.

Five games in - and you can make a legitimate case that the Browns will sweep the Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year Awards. Dorsey appears to have not only hit, but homered, on both his first round picks. His predecessors - not so much.

I remember Dorsey saying in his pre draft pressers was you have to trust your eyes; believe in what they are showing you. I am glad that he had the confidence in his evaluation abilities to switch to Baker late in the scouting process. And I will count myself among those terribly disappointed when the name "Denzel Ward" was announced at pick 4. It was even a "WTF" moment. 

But I never have been so glad to have been so wrong about a player. It may take another off season or two to make this defense elite - but with Dorsey making the picks, I have complete confidence in him.

That is the single biggest reason why we have been the butt of all the NFL jokes for 20 years. When it came to drafting at the top of the draft - we could not hit the water if we fell out of a boat. It is all well and good to unearth role players at the bottom of the draft or as UDFAs. But the franchises that have enjoyed continued success, have consistently hit on their picks at the top of the draft.

Dorsey promised us he would awaken the sleeping giant. He may not be fully awake yet, but he certainly has been poked an is stirring in his bed.

Also add clear replacement of a an HOF LT, just remember how much we were freaking out about this.

Here’s what I remember about draft day: Dorsey knew the draft cognoscenti wasn’t crazy about quarterback Baker Mayfield at No. 1 overall and cornerback Denzel Ward at 4. Mike Mayock, for instance, had Mayfield as his fourth-rated passer, and thought pass-rusher Bradley Chubb was a surer choice than Ward. USA Today gave the Browns’ draft the 25th-best grade out 32 teams. But Dorsey was almost fierce in his regard for both picks. And he made this declaration:

“We will awaken the sleeping giant. I have no doubt.”

Five games is too early to say anything about the Browns other than this: They’re one of the most compelling and competitive teams in the NFL. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/08/nfl-week-5-cleveland-browns-fmia-peter-king/

Archived