Dorsey a genius????

Keylargobrownie

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

You are still 100% right about him being a moron for taking a backup LG at the top of the 2nd round when they needed not only a LT but also on Harold Landry.

Eh, if he proves to be the future at center, then it's not a bad pick. If not, then he was definitely a bad pick.

28 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Eh, if he proves to be the future at center, then it's not a bad pick. If not, then he was definitely a bad pick.

Yea lets hope but it still irks me to this day. It was a classic "lets overthink this as much as possible" move that had us passing on a consensus top 15 talent at pick 33 or whatever it was lol

I felt like it was a lot of kicking the can down the road with that pick, though the rest of the draft up to this point looks great

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

So I’d argue if he works out, then yes, it’s not s bad pick, but prolly not a good one either.

Top 35 is pretty high for a developmental center, even if he ends up being decent.  If you’re going to need to develop him, draft that guy day 3.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So I’d argue if he works out, then yes, it’s not s bad pick, but prolly not a good one either.

Top 35 is pretty high for a developmental center, even if he ends up being decent.  If you’re going to need to develop him, draft that guy day 3.

The only reason he's not starting is because we got a UDFA starting LT. I'd be willing to bet they weren't counting on that.

Also, riddle me this...

What if we have an injury? Without him, Drango or Watford would be starting. That could be devastating. He will eventually start and should actually be starting for tretter right now.

15 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

The only reason he's not starting is because we got a UDFA starting LT. I'd be willing to bet they weren't counting on that.

Ideally he should be beating out the UDFA. I get the circumstances, but it’s still disappointing in some respects to see a top 35 pick sit while an UDFA plays.

15 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Also, riddle me this...

What if we have an injury? Without him, Drango or Watford would be starting. That could be devastating. He will eventually start and should actually be starting for tretter right now.

I’m not arguing we don’t need depth, I’m arguing you don’t draft interior OL reserves at 33.

At that spot, at that position, the player should be plug and play and probably pretty damned good.

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You are still 100% right about him being a moron for taking a backup LG at the top of the 2nd round when they needed not only a LT but also on Harold Landry.

Or Courtland Sutton....who was my #1 WR coming out.....If were doing BPA those should have been our top two 2nd round picks....and take the RB at the end of the 3rd (Potentially Chubb, Guice or Kerryon Johnson) vs Chad Thomas....

Archived