Dorsey a genius????

Keylargobrownie

58 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I really liked Hernandez.. In a perfect world he would have been the pick at LG and the coaches should have given Bitonio a full offseason to prep a move to LT. Unfortunalty they went with a take a player now and figure it all out later approach with Corbett and it ended up being a bit of a mess. Especially in preseason.

Though hindsight is 20/20. For instance if we would have knew about Josh sooner and that fiasco, Sutton would have very much been in play because having Sutton/Callaway/Landry/Njoku for Baker to throw to for the next 4+ years would have been something. Not that Im dissapointed in Higgins at all.

Not that I hate him as a player, I just personally think since he is was more of a projection with his 'all around' ability with no definite position that there could have been other guys who could have contributed right away. We shall see if his redshirt year pays off

I guess I just don't see it as "a mess". We struck gold with an drafted player and he's the 5th OL for the time being. Hernandez wouldn't be starting now either, IMO. 

Corbett is either the C or RG of the future depending on if they think Zeitler or Tretter are worth the money. So it’s really a future pick. Which I don’t hate. Because rather you want to admit it or not we’re two years away from actually competing. Honestly I rather would have had Sutton or josh Jackson over Corbett but I get their thinking. I

We have 6 decent-good linemen. I like that. I want to see tretter play out his contract and zeitler, bitonio and Hubbard to stay on the team. 

They are all doing a good job in pass pro, especially with bake. Keep the shelves stocked, draft a tackle in round 2-3 next year, it will give us lots of injury insurance. 

I'd rather have too many olinemen tha  too many wrs. It seems you can find ok skill players more easily off the street and in rounds 3-7 than linemen.

Next year ideally we would draft a dlinemen round 1. Olinemen round 2. Qb round 3. Then whatever from then on.

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We have 6 decent-good linemen. I like that. I want to see tretter play out his contract and zeitler, bitonio and Hubbard to stay on the team. 

They are all doing a good job in pass pro, especially with bake. Keep the shelves stocked, draft a tackle in round 2-3 next year, it will give us lots of injury insurance. 

I'd rather have too many olinemen tha  too many wrs. It seems you can find ok skill players more easily off the street and in rounds 3-7 than linemen.

Next year ideally we would draft a dlinemen round 1. Olinemen round 2. Qb round 3. Then whatever from then on.

I was with you until you said QB in round 3.  Did you mean CB?

At this point it’s too early to say what should need or want, but DL will likely be a contender for round one just based on the talent available.

CB will be a need, but Ward and Mitchell have been great thus far.

LB could use some juice imo.  I like Avery, Schobert has played well and Kirksey is consistent, but there’s no game changer really.  Collins has been a dud thus far. 

If history is any indication, Dorsey will likely draft and OL every year, and rightfully so.  Neither Hubbard or Harrison are established studs and our depth is sketchy as hell.  I’d be shocked if we don’t draft a tackle in the first two days.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If history is any indication, Dorsey will likely draft and OL every year, and rightfully so.  Neither Hubbard or Harrison are established studs and our depth is sketchy as hell.  I’d be shocked if we don’t draft a tackle in the first two days.

TBH, i'd rather go for an established guy in FA if Hubbard doesn't pan out (though they did when Baker came in). Year two of Baker needs to be all gas

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Could not disagree more about what you said about being able to pick up skill positions players off the street, do you not remember how dreadfully awful our wr core was last year, kizer was terrible, but his wrs did nothing to help him, how many drops did Louis, Britt, and Coleman have? 

Early returns on Dorsey are excellent.  Hopefully we re-visit this thread in several weeks and still have optimism.

In the grand scheme of things, the trade of Kizer for Randall was a relatively minor move.  While Randall isn't an All-Pro, he's at least given us a solid free safety.  It's an underrated move that allowed Peppers and Kindred to focus on their strengths.

18 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Early returns on Dorsey are excellent.  Hopefully we re-visit this thread in several weeks and still have optimism.

In the grand scheme of things, the trade of Kizer for Randall was a relatively minor move.  While Randall isn't an All-Pro, he's at least given us a solid free safety.  It's an underrated move that allowed Peppers and Kindred to focus on their strengths.

Good think Green Bay played him out of position.  I see Randall flash constantly in every game they've played so far.  Probably one of the best pickups Dorsey made because it allows Peppers to play SS.  One player improved two positions essentially.

18 hours ago, pnies20 said:

If we were going to draft skill position at 33, it would've been

1. Goedert - Should've given up on the oft injured Devalve. Goedert is the "plug and play" TE you guys want

2. Kirk - Probably start as a #3 but super fast and productive 

3. Guice - Good RB, but rumored to have had terrible combine interviews with the Browns. Knew we wouldn't be picking him.

OL

1. Connor Williams - plays G and T

2. Will Hernandez - had him pegged as G only but a road grader with a mean streak.

3. Corbett - can play all 5 positions. Plug and play at G only. 

Corbett holds his own against all these picks and will show his value at some point soon.

Oh, we're just talking personal opinion? I thought we were talking like, consensus ratings. In that case...

Guys we should've taken over Chubb/Corbett (I disliked the Chubb pick WAY more than the Corbett one in the modern NFL.) - Harold Landry, Courtland Sutton, Anthony Miller, Derrius Guice, Will Hernandez, Brian O'Neill, Nathan Shepherd.

51 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Kind of a misleading stat.  195 snaps is great, but he’s if he’s yet to miss a tackle, that would make him 14/14.

Still great, but not as sensationalized as “195 SNAPS!!!!”.

By contrast, Sashi is probably a legitimate genius.  Dorsey comes off as a meathead, but he appears to be really good at his job.  At least the player acquisition part...

I do hope that a guy like Dorsey can co-exist with a guy like DePo.  We'll see if there is a pending power struggle.  Wouldn't shock me.

Archived