Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

19 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m not.

Of course you're not, we know you. BoB could give you $10 million dollars and you'd still hate him. You drew your line in the sand, you don't need to remind us. xD

20 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He sucks and a fan yelled that out after an embarrassing loss and his response is way out of line with what rational people should do.

It's not the typical "I gotta coach better" BS we hear when he does press conferences, so I'm all for it. It's a unfiltered emotional response, it's frustration coming out, and... it's actually kinda funny.

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The league should fine him for it. 

They probably will. Not my money, I don't care. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll be honest... I actually like him more after this. xD

For reference: 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/10/bill-obrien-houston-texans-heckler-rant-broncos-nfl/

My only problem with it.... I think this was just at the half.  If it was at the half, he needs to be coming up with ways to get back in the game.

If it was after the game was over, then hell yeah.... nobody likes to lose biggly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jch1911 said:

My only problem with it.... I think this was just at the half.  If it was at the half, he needs to be coming up with ways to get back in the game.

If it was after the game was over, then hell yeah.... nobody likes to lose biggly.

i agree with this notion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jch1911 said:

He’s a punk who can’t handle the pressure of the NFL. From the beginning he’s been a college coach who somehow got our incompetent ownership to hire him based on “i was with the patriots”

meanwhile the cowboys get a real coach and we are stuck with a division round ceiling and a staff full of bad coaches who get free passes every season. 

• Like 1

The only plus side about this is that there's no hiding intentions following this loss. Anything less than a BOB firing means that Cal, Jack Easterby, Chris Olson and the rest of the "flat organization" simply cares about the money they make and they have no intentions of actually trying to build a winner. Even firing RAC will not suffice, because you know that'll be the scapegoat move - RAC will either retire or mutually part ways with team and Anthony Weaver will be promoted to DC. But, ultimately that means nothing. 

Majority of the people on this board knew this for the last few years. It's going to be hard for the team to convince the entire fanbase otherwise following this disappointing outcome.

The only way Cal is going to change is if he loses money, but the sponsors won't let that happen. So, it's same ol' division titles and missed opportunities.

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

The only way Cal is going to change is if he loses money, but the sponsors won't let that happen. So, it's same ol' division titles and missed opportunities.

Also it's Houston/Texas, everyone loves football! No one is gonna stop attending like they did the Oilers and even then, it's cause Bud Adams was the worst.

• Like 1

I never paid much attention to BOB, but that fake punt at that point in the game with that field position ... was a pretty jaw dropping call.  Even if they made the first I think that is a crazy decision.  

After declining to go for it on 4th and 1 and kick a field goal?  He had right idea to step on their throat or keep pedal down, whatever metaphor you want to use.  That is time to do it.  Not in your own territory on a fake field goal.   

I can see why Texas fans are pissed.  

I guess you can say he isn't predictable.  But he changed whole momentum of that game.  The KC fans were booing the team just a little bit before. 

He is going to have a lot of sleepless nights.   

• Like 1

Just now, dll2000 said:

I never paid much attention to BOB, but that fake punt at that point in the game with that field position ... was a pretty jaw dropping call.  Even if they made the first I think that is a crazy decision.  

After declining to go for it on 4th and 1 and kick a field goal?  He had right idea to step on their throat or keep pedal down, whatever metaphor you want to use.  That is time to do it.  Not in your own territory on a fake field goal.   

I can see why Texas fans are pissed.  

I guess you can say he isn't predictable.  But he changed whole momentum of that game.  The KC fans were booing the team just a little bit before. 

He is going to have a lot of sleepless nights.   

I think that fake punt decision is a 100x crazier than Pete Carrol passing instead of running on 4th and goal in the Super Bowl.  

I don't think that was as crazy as everyone thinks.  Not right decision, but not insane like everyone says.  A lot of teams can dive down and stop a goal line run with 10 guys.  It isn't the high percentage play that everyone assumes.

Not like old days when players would jump over LINE OF SCRIMMAGE and score inside 1 on regularity.

• Like 1