Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

20 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

When you’ve won multiple division titles and made the 2nd round twice in 6 years and are still 17, it just shows how bad you suck and how good your team is. 

I think five years from now, people are going to wonder how BoB didn't win a Super Bowl with Deshaun Watson...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think five years from now, people are going to wonder how BoB didn't win a Super Bowl with Deshaun Watson...

He is Marvin Lewis 2.0. I can’t believe we’ve been dealing with this guy since ‘14....and have 2 more years at minimum 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Clowney still doesn’t have a job. I guess maybe BOB was right on him after all. Still didn’t get good value in the trade but. 

For the life of me, I can't understand why. I guess there are legitimate work ethic and maturity issues - maybe he's not throwing someone down a flight of stairs or something, but he's just not putting in the work to become an average player? 

I don't know, this is so odd.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

For the life of me, I can't understand why. I guess there are legitimate work ethic and maturity issues - maybe he's not throwing someone down a flight of stairs or something, but he's just not putting in the work to become an average player? 

I don't know, this is so odd.

I think teams have visions of Haynesworth.... he signs that deal and gets "injured" or shirks his "responsibilities".... I would think an incentive based contract could be worked out...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

I think teams have visions of Haynesworth.... he signs that deal and gets "injured" or shirks his "responsibilities".... I would think an incentive based contract could be worked out...

This is pure speculation on my part, but it seems like he doesn't really like football, he just sees it as a means to an end - and his effort level and work ethic is reflective of that. If I can make a cross sport comparison, he's like Dwight Howard - has the physical stature and athleticism to be an all time great, but he lacks the killer instinct and competetive nature to really put those tools together. (It's probably why he and JJ Watt didn't mesh well; Watt is at a gear that JD simply doesn't care to get to, and that would frustrate Watt as a team leader...)

Making All Pro, making the playoffs, winning a Super Bowl - all secondary, all Jadevion Clowney wants is to make sure the direct deposit hits his bank account.

I think the league took notice, too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is pure speculation on my part, but it seems like he doesn't really like football, he just sees it as a means to an end - and his effort level and work ethic is reflective of that. If I can make a cross sport comparison, he's like Dwight Howard - has the physical stature and athleticism to be an all time great, but he lacks the killer instinct and competetive nature to really put those tools together. (It's probably why he and JJ Watt didn't mesh well; Watt is at a gear that JD simply doesn't care to get to, and that would frustrate Watt as a team leader...)

Making All Pro, making the playoffs, winning a Super Bowl - all secondary, all Jadevion Clowney wants is to make sure the direct deposit hits his bank account.

I think the league took notice, too.

Seems logical... once again, I wanted Khalil Mack (after a trade down).... just wasn't going to happen with South Carolina alum as President & CEO (RIP)

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Why have we not signed Warford yet???? He’s the missing piece for a top 10 offensive line 

All signs point to us making a strong push for him. He's probably going to get paid, big time.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

All signs point to us making a strong push for him. He's probably going to get paid, big time.

He’s not the best pass protector but he’s one of the best run blockers in the league. I highly doubt he’s a pass blocking downgrade from Fulton, but he’s definitely a huge upgrade in the run game. 

BOBs up the middle on every 1st down system could really use him. 

im not sold on Scharping myself but I think there’s a chance that Howard plays guard and Heck becomes our eventually starter at RT. 

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Competing bids as well... supposedly Chicago is interested

The Chicago Tribune reports the Bears are interested in free agent OG Larry Warford. 

The Houston Chronicle reports the Texans are also interested. Warford's release came from a position of strength for the Saints. He remained effective in 2019, so it is not surprising he is quickly developing a market. Warford figures to come off the board within a week or two. 

5 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

Competing bids as well... supposedly Chicago is interested

I'll say this - nobody outbids YOLO BoB. So if he ends up in Chicago, it's not about money.