Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

We need to figure out how to sign both Ryan and Warford. It would solve two major problems. 

we can cut Fulton and save 7 million. That’s enough to Warford, even if we need to add a few to it. 

plus we still have money to spend. Watson’s big deal won’t raise his salary that much this season. We have lots of options for clearing Space next off season. 

• 4 weeks later...

I do not like Bill O'Brien, the Head Coach.

I do not like Bill O'Brien, the General Manager.

I will give Bill O'Brien all of the credit in the world for his comments on the current situation in the United States surrounding race. His response was measured, passionate and from the heart - I came away believing the words he said, he was genuinely concerned over the current climate and was resolute in working towards the right thing.

Cal McNair shared some thoughts and - while he said it's "from the heart" it was very clear he was scripted and reading from a teleprompter - it's a lot more than pretty much anyone, outside of Shad Khan. 

My football mind still dislikes them, and I'm wildly skeptical of the franchise in relation to this (given past comments from Bob McNair, actions involving Duane Brown and Arian Foster) but ...this is a good start. 

I guess we'll see if actions are equal to words.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2020 at 9:14 AM, ET80 said:

I will give Bill O'Brien all of the credit in the world for his comments on the current situation in the United States surrounding race. His response was measured, passionate and from the heart - I came away believing the words he said, he was genuinely concerned over the current climate and was resolute in working towards the right thing.

Cal McNair shared some thoughts and - while he said it's "from the heart" it was very clear he was scripted and reading from a teleprompter - it's a lot more than pretty much anyone, outside of Shad Khan. 

My football mind still dislikes them, and I'm wildly skeptical of the franchise in relation to this (given past comments from Bob McNair, actions involving Duane Brown and Arian Foster) but ...this is a good start. 

https://instagram.com/the_bill_obrienn?igshid=zya9a35s6spi

I figured you'd get a laugh at this profile . enjoy sir 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 8:14 AM, ET80 said:

https://sportsradio610.radio.com/blogs/sportsradio-610-staff/mcclain-bill-obrien-will-take-a-knee-with-texans-players

Presented with no commentary.

Reports of us trading for Adams, I hope, hope, hope, if this happens we just wait for him to hold out and say hes not going to play so his trade value drops to Darius Slay levels. I'd prefer that to wasting another first, though Adams is worth a first most definitely.

On 6/19/2020 at 1:21 PM, Drained said:

Reports of us trading for Adams, I hope, hope, hope, if this happens we just wait for him to hold out and say hes not going to play so his trade value drops to Darius Slay levels. I'd prefer that to wasting another first, though Adams is worth a first most definitely.

We have nothing to trade. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We have nothing to trade. 

This - unless you're comfortable with the thought of trading away JJ Watt or someone.

I'll say this - I wish this was a story right before we traded away Hopkins. I would have preferred Jamal Adams over David Johnson and Ross Blacklock.

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

This - unless you're comfortable with the thought of trading away JJ Watt or someone.

I'll say this - I wish this was a story right before we traded away Hopkins. I would have preferred Jamal Adams over David Johnson and Ross Blacklock.

If we sign him we’d essentially be getting ready to have possibly the 2 highest paid S in the league. That’s unheard of

22 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Adams named off all the contenders he could think of and we were on that list. Not surprising since we were in the final 8 and had a clear path to the super bowl until a drastically bad 2nd and 3rd quarter. 

he doesn’t understand we are broke with no draft capitol 

thats why i said he hope he tanks his value some way or the other, i think our secondary needs someone like him, too bad we couldnt pick them up in FA cause of BoB

• 2 months later...

Time to bring this back. I think BOB has a free pass to next year. If we are gonna make a change it will be after the 2021 season, which is when a ton of our players are free agents, our draft picks are all restored and it just makes sense to move on. 

BOB will has a lot going for him this year, even if we miss the playoffs 

1. COVID year, he can duck responsibility. 
2. if we are gonna suck this year, we are likely going to start off really poorly and probably play much better later in the season, to which BOB can say the tram got better 
3. He can always blame everything on no pre season or off season, especially since the Texans were the only team affected by this. 
4. hes proven in the past to have some kind of something on the Mcnairs  I assume he still has it. 
5. he can blame it on two first time play callers, especially if he was told to hand over play calling duties in order to get the GM spot. 

Edited by Pastor Dillon
  • Like 2