Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

I don't know what it'd take for BoB to get fired. This might honestly turn into the same situation the Bengals had with Marvin Lewis. Made them into postseason contenders, won their division countless times but really, was he worth the 16 seasons? I know Bengals have similar issues we have in terms of the FO being absolutely trash but I think BoB is actually a more worse version of Marvin Lewis. Mainly cause BoB actually dominates the AFC South and puts on a farce that the Texans are really worth a Super Bowl. The only reason Lewis left the Bengals was cause the team wanted a full rebuild and he was fine with going back to college anyway. BoB is too power hungry to accept leaving an NFL team unless he was fired.

Part of me really wants us to roll to the Super Bowl. I will never be salty about Watson winning MVP or Watt getting a ring but part of me secretly wants us to absolutely bomb this season just so BoB can finally be fired after his one chance was used up in 2017. It is really bad that even a small part of me desires a Texans loss or at least tolerates it.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 9:57 AM, Drained said:

I don't know what it'd take for BoB to get fired. This might honestly turn into the same situation the Bengals had with Marvin Lewis. Made them into postseason contenders, won their division countless times but really, was he worth the 16 seasons? I know Bengals have similar issues we have in terms of the FO being absolutely trash but I think BoB is actually a more worse version of Marvin Lewis. Mainly cause BoB actually dominates the AFC South and puts on a farce that the Texans are really worth a Super Bowl. The only reason Lewis left the Bengals was cause the team wanted a full rebuild and he was fine with going back to college anyway. BoB is too power hungry to accept leaving an NFL team unless he was fired.

Part of me really wants us to roll to the Super Bowl. I will never be salty about Watson winning MVP or Watt getting a ring but part of me secretly wants us to absolutely bomb this season just so BoB can finally be fired after his one chance was used up in 2017. It is really bad that even a small part of me desires a Texans loss or at least tolerates it.

I am in no way scared of us winning the super bowl and it giving bob a free pass for 16 years. Heck I’ll take that trade any day of the week. As much as I don’t like BOB, if he gets us a super bowl ring, he can stay for life. All I want is that ring. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I am in no way scared of us winning the super bowl and it giving bob a free pass for 16 years. Heck I’ll take that trade any day of the week. As much as I don’t like BOB, if he gets us a super bowl ring, he can stay for life. All I want is that ring. 

Hell, I'd name my next child after him if he won a SB...