Bill O'Brien Hot Seat Thread - 2020 edition - GM/HC/OC/DC and Luxury Box sales

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, tab said:

Man... I -dont- want to hate BoB because he seems like a nice person but, the offense just needs a change. I wonder if he really is on the hot seat right now

He can be the ******* Pope for all I care, he is a terrible head coach. Being nice and coaching football have nothing to do with one another. I wish him nothing but the best in life, but don’t want him having any sort of job related to coaching or managing the Texans

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tab said:

Man... I -dont- want to hate BoB because he seems like a nice person but, the offense just needs a change. I wonder if he really is on the hot seat right now

I really appreciate him for his work with handicapped children - it's clear he's a good person in this respect, and he uses his platform to promote the needs of these kids. Good on him.

I also appreciate his stances on social justice - his take felt legitimate, he wasn't just speaking to be "on the record" so to speak. Once again, I can appreciate that.

NEITHER of those things impact his ability to coach or GM, and those are the only things that really matter when it comes to BoB. 

• Like 1

Just saw the BoB press conference he did yesterday(?), he seems so defeated. I think hes a good man and he doesn't deserve to be in any unnecessary stress but I hope he's beginning to see how his dreams of being the next Bill Belichick won't happen. He looks very done. 

29 minutes ago, Drained said:

Just saw the BoB press conference he did yesterday(?), he seems so defeated. I think hes a good man and he doesn't deserve to be in any unnecessary stress but I hope he's beginning to see how his dreams of being the next Bill Belichick won't happen. He looks very done. 

I have little sympathy for him, despite his work outside of his job. He's making more money in a month than I do in a year (and I make very good money) so the "stress" of his job is irrelevant to me. He's had seven years to do his job - build a SB contender. To date, he hasn't - that's not on Rick Smith, Brian Gaine, Chris Olsen or anyone else BoB has left in his path of destruction; That's on him. He sure as hell better feel the heat after the last two weeks.

He needs to come to terms that his ceiling is college football - nothing wrong with that, he could pick himself back up by getting back to that. Get himself with a mid tier school in a Power 5 conference, build them up how he sees it, recruit and develop talent as he sees fit - he's got a good future ahead of him.

Just... Not here.

• Like 1

Good point someone made, the Texans blaming better teams for its shortcomings is nothing new - during our franchise peak in 2012 and subsequent years of playoff loses, we've always blamed the New England Patriots and Tom Brady for being better than us and put our hands up and said "Yeah well they're the Pats, how are we going to beat them!". We did the same to the Colts, "Well they have Andrew Luck. We have [insert whatever QB that BoB was playing roulette with]"

I've had enough of the victim mentality, the Chargers, a team that has struggled so much more than ours last season, barely beat the Bengals on a botched FG, took the Chiefs to OT. The Ravens were beat by the Titans last year, a team we finished off rather well in the regular season. These wins are not impossible, we're just made to think that because we've been told "Oh well its just better teams, what do you expect? Get em next week against the Titans/Colts/Steelers/Vikings/whoever else." 

I just want some inspiring wins for once.

Edited by Drained
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drained said:

Good point someone made, the Texans blaming better teams for its shortcomings is nothing new - during our franchise peak in 2012 and subsequent years of playoff loses, we've always blamed the New England Patriots and Tom Brady for being better than us and put our hands up and said "Yeah well they're the Pats, how are we going to beat them!". We did the same to the Colts, "Well they have Andrew Luck. We have [insert whatever QB that BoB was playing roulette with]"

I've had enough of the victim mentality, the Chargers, a team that has struggled so much more than ours last season, barely beat the Bengals on a botched FG, took the Chiefs to OT. The Ravens were beat by the Titans last year, a team we finished off rather well in the regular season. These wins are not impossible, we're just made to think that because we've been told "Oh well its just better teams, what do you expect? Get em next week against the Titans/Colts/Steelers/Vikings/whoever else." 

I just want some inspiring wins for once.

I mean the loses to the ravens and chiefs aren’t surprising because they are better teams than us. I can live with that. 

what sucks is that we don’t even show fight. We just get demolished. 

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I mean the loses to the ravens and chiefs aren’t surprising because they are better teams than us. I can live with that. 

what sucks is that we don’t even show fight. We just get demolished. 

That's the point. We should be competitive, like the Saints Week 1 last year.

I actually tuned out most of the Ravens game cause I was expecting us to lose but that doesn't change the fact that we should be competitive with them, the NFL may be a .500 league in Bill O'Brien's eyes, but if he wants to be a super bowl champion, he can't keep this defeatist attitude up of "we don't suck we're just not as good as them"